Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lunchtime Story
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TROJANMAN
Before Lunch:

Friend walks into my office. "Is that your car in the garage? I thought you said it was a Porsche....."

Reply: "It is. Ever driven one?"

NO!

Let's go for a drive happy11.gif
You should have seen the look on is face when we went through some turns. ohmy.gif

After Lunch:

"how much did you say I can get one for? Will you look at one with me tomorrow?"

These little bugars are freakin' addictive.
Looks like we may be +1 at the RRC this year idea.gif
biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Eh, make him work on yours and THEN see if he i s still interested wink.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jul 12 2006, 01:02 PM) *

Eh, make him work on yours and THEN see if he i s still interested wink.gif

funny biggrin.gif I told him i knew of one that needed brakes and a starter.
his reply: "but i can pay to have that done, right?" idea.gif

Smart Man rolleyes.gif
pete-stevers
does he have silver hair????
even i have a little silver starting to show..... at 36
we have to get the young guys into these great cars
we need to keep the kids off "rice"
Root_Werks
That is pretty cool. Usually just takes someone going for a drive. driving.gif
shelby/914
Let me know if your friend buys the car. I told the owner I was coming over on Sunday to take a second look with Kevin. Save me from myself and talk him into it. Like I need another project. A half finished Mustang and a 914 with the engine in the middle of the garage floor aren't enough. confused24.gif of course if he buys it you'll have one less friend.
Lou W
He's probably a spy, after he drove it he called all his buddies and had a good laugh. Don't trust him, I don't trust anbody unless they own a teener. happy11.gif
toon1
It's all a big joke until somebody goes for a ride!
HeloMech
QUOTE(toon1 @ Jul 12 2006, 03:52 PM) *

I haven't driven a 914 in probably close to 15 years. My new project will be in the garage on saturday. Got some bids out on ebay for some 72 1.7 fuel injection parts. Still looking for either a new dizzy or the FI points for the stock dizzy. I don't wanna have to go the weber route to get this thing back on the road.

I seem to remember it being like a gokart.. blink.gif
fiid
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ Jul 12 2006, 02:22 PM) *

does he have silver hair????
even i have a little silver starting to show..... at 36
we have to get the young guys into these great cars
we need to keep the kids off "rice"

Nothing wrong with bochwurst stuffed with rice biggrin.gif
Bruce Allert
I've been without since the selling of Punkin. With this years WCC and the 150+ mile drive around Mt Hood in the '74 2.0 It got me thinkin again headbang.gif "Man, I sure love these lil guys" thumb3d.gif

B U T... (and that's a big BUT) the next one I buy will be a V6 or V8 conversion, already done, hopefully by Renegade driving.gif and then I'll be styl'n again! beerchug.gif

.........b
dlo914
QUOTE(HeloMech @ Jul 12 2006, 05:46 PM) *

QUOTE(toon1 @ Jul 12 2006, 03:52 PM) *

I haven't driven a 914 in probably close to 15 years. My new project will be in the garage on saturday. Got some bids out on ebay for some 72 1.7 fueil injection parts. Still looking for either a new dizzy or the FI points for the stock dizzy. I don't wanna have to go the weber route to get this thing back on the road.

I seem to remember it being like a gokart.. blink.gif

ive got a spare 1.7L dizzy at home. It's yours for $40 including shipping. If youre interested PM me back. - dLo
HeloMech
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Jul 12 2006, 08:11 PM) *
ive got a spare 1.7L dizzy at home. It's yours for $40 including shipping. If youre interested PM me back. - dLo

PM sent.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.