Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deciding on V8 muffler options...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cobra94563
thought someone else might find the muffler sounds helpful.

www.exhaustSoundClips.com

I'm looking for a nice road car sound, not too obnoxious (I have another car for that!), and not the hot rod sound. Maybe the magnaflows ? Suggestions?

welder.gif
Andyrew
magnaflows are awesome. See my sig..

Andrew
cobra94563
Andrew - your current clip sounds quieter than the one on the lift.
Sounds nice.
What size primaries and tubing before and after the mufflers?

Chris
neo914-6
Borlas!

Elmer and MikeP are running them too...
skline
I run a single dual in, dual out walker muffler which was used on F body cars. It looks clean, sounds quiet but healthy and it was not that expensive. Headers back at Mesa Muffler was $300.00 complete. Here it is out of the car.
cobra94563
Skline, thanks for the pic. I remember seeing it and was searching for it this morning without luck. I wanted to use it to explain to the shop if I use a 2in/2out crossflow muffler.

I like the sound of borlas, but they may be out of my price range...

thumb3d.gif
Crazyhippy
Believe it or not the el cheapo $35 dollar mufflers work pretty damn well for what you want. Over time they do get a bit louder, but not horribly so.

Need to do a crossover to get rid of the hot rod sound, but that isn't rocket science.

BJH
drive-ability
I didn't think I could find a muffler that would tone down the exhaust note until I found these off a Ferrari 575. They are perfect, the muffler has a soft quiet tone and a aggressive one because they have throttle valves built in. They are perfect for me. EBAY $175.00 dollars The video doesn't really translate well. If I pull up in quiet mode to a light and switch to performance mode (idling) the tone is supper deep much like a boom box. Very hard to explain but maybe I can make a video with better acoustics.

Muffler Video
neo914-6
QUOTE(cobra94563 @ Jul 13 2006, 12:00 PM) *

I like the sound of borlas, but they may be out of my price range...

thumb3d.gif

Chris,

They are the turbos #40659 from Summitracing @ $140ea.

You can have my old "el cheapo" turbos with short pipes and flanges. They are rusty on the outside but actually have very low miles. Use them until you find better...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.