Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hey brad, whats new with e-commerce?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
i thought i heard you say that you were thinking of this-

could get soem of rhody's stickers out of his house laugh.gif

just wondering boldblue.gif - lemme know if i can help (doubtful) beerchug.gif
SirAndy
i'm werking on it ...
smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif

Andy
rhodyguy
i'm not sure how the sticker deal could be incorporated in to the e-com feature. atleast the reimbusement of the initial cash outlay. there is the transfer of funds, shipment issues. if one were to pay via paypal, who ever manages that feature would still have to cut me a check(s). as far as the envelopes, i thought i had set that up in a very simple manner and it seems to have worked up to this point. a number of folks have recieved theirs. expecting someone to deal with the emails, address the envelopes, put on a stamp, going to the bank, and mail them is a bit over the top. i open them, put the # of stickers in the pre addressed envelope and stick them in the box. example, get 25 envelopes, open the phone book and pick random addresses. do them. it takes alot of time. plus if people paypal they want them yesterday. for all to know, when ALL sell, the club stands to clear over $1200. that pays for alot of kilowatts to run the site (those computers don't run on air), tow fund for events, what ever. i had to rent the po box for 3 months (minimum). the way the checks are dribbling in i will curtail my checking said box to wed and sat. i get pretty worked up going there repeatedly for 0. so other peoples patience will be tested from now on. andy, you should have had this e-com deal worked out yesterday laugh.gif .

kevin
" just the facts ma'm", joe friday
boxstr
Kevin, Sounds like you put allot into the "sticker shock sale", and it is unfortunate that it hasn't been as easy as I am sure you envisioned it to be when you first had the thought in your mind. It is my hope that you get back every cent that you have expendied, but unfortunately some of the effort goe's unrewarded and that can suck. But that is what happen's when you take on a thankless task, you have only you to pat yourself on the back and say "Job well done Sucker".
CCLINSTICKERSHOCK
Brad Roberts
I'm "hiring" a guy to handle this sites Ecommerce and ALL914's Ecommerce. He currently deals with "parts" day in and day out.

I HATE shipping.. he will "get" to do all of it. Lucky for me/us I have a US post box at the end our street that we have to pass by to leave the shop. I also dont mind if people send checks to the office..

Paypal/Paypal credit card/Checks/you name it will be accepted. These days you have to make it stupid simple for people to purchase items. Basically we will stock a ton of shit and ship it out daily to whomever wants it. The plan is to have "fresh items" designed by people from the club to keep things moving instead of using stale logo's year after year. You have to dice it up.

The proceeds will be used to:

1. pay the employee
2. pay for more goodies
3. pay for "tow funds"
4. help offset the costs of events across the USA (events held under the "914Club" banner)
5. help offset the costs of running the site.
6. and ..maybe.. project cars if enough of it comes in.

See Kevin.. now you know why I told the guy from Florida to hold off on the shirts. It can be overwhelming quickly.

B
Charles Deutsch
What will you be selling?
Brad Roberts
I'm scared to answer this Alfred...

Shirts
Hats
Boxer underwear
Socks
Pants
Shorts
Tee shirts
Stickers
Event shirts (past and present)

B
Joe Bob
What????

No cup holders?
Aaron Cox
mueller's bearings? rennshifter? etc... help these guys get some esposure................................... idea.gif ...............
boxstr
Some of the major expenses will be the mortgage on four "safe houses", located in four regional areas for all 914club members, this is for when your significant other say's" you spent how much on that piece of shit". There is the lease on the Gulfstream club jet. Also the Christmas His & Hers matching 914's, ala Nieman Marcus Christmas catalog. And it doesn't stop there.
CCLINEVILLE
rhodyguy
craig, with all my (and others wink.gif ) chatter re the stickers, interest has realley picked up. folks that didn't respond in the interest thread are now lining up. surprizing how many people do not read the nailed threads. not ness the whole line of crap but just what it's refering to. i imagine when we are down in cal next june some will type "why didn't anyone tell me?". EVERYONE, there is something like 400+ left. lots to go around!!!. so i will have my hat, my tee shirt, my sticker, and the groovy gear bag(s) that geoff had made up. on the bags, don't even bother. hats too i think. but i ordered 4, don't even bother. sad.gif

kevin
Part Pricer
Running an ecommerce site can be pretty easy if done correctly. One of the sites that I have runs almost automatically (we sell DVDs). When an order comes in, it automatically prints a shipping label on a dedicated IP printer. All we need to do is settle the credit card transaction in the merchant account, slap on the label and once a day walk them down to the post offce. If I could get the guys at the post office to apply the labels, I wouldn't have to leave the house. Hmm...
ChrisReale
I like Craigs idea. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.