Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marina a/x July 30th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Trekkor
That's right...I just got confirmation that I will be the course designer, once again, after a year off. naughty.gif

Expect a fun and flowing course with no "fake-outs" or tricks.

Should be a one minute course and plan on at least ten runs each if the usual 45-50 shows up.
We usually do about an hour of fun-runs after 3:30 before clean-up.

Logan, one of the a/x chairs runs a "built" Miata with a supercharger and loves to gives us a good run. we'll get 'em.

KT

DanT
I leave for vacation the next day, but I am going to try and make it.... burnout.gif
nebreitling
awesome, trek! grant, randal and i will still be running the hillclimb on sunday. shame, because i've enjoyed every course you've designed!

Logan is a great guy and great driver -- but he hasn't mangaged to beat me yet, even when with his fatty 710s smile.gif

for those of you on the fence, i can tell you that the last course trek designed at marina was quite brilliant.

Dan -- you're not going to the GGR TT?
DanT
Nope, no more TTs this season until the motor is rebuilt. Don't want to kill any more mosquitoes. Too much oil getting past the valve guides under high side g loads. Then the car is a two stroker for about 3 seconds. sad.gif
Just going to keep flogging it at Axs.

don't have enough sustained side g loads at any of the AX courses to cause the same situation. smile.gif
nebreitling
hmmm, sorry to hear it. gonna wait for the off season to rebuild?

in about a week, you could pull out the engine, do a quick 'n dirty valve job, and install...
DanT
going to wait until offseason and do a complete rebuild....

get the case gone thru,....align bored, arp retainers, crank nitrited and reground with new bearings, new cam, new lifters, new push rods,new P/Cs, refurbish heads with new valves, guides, seats blah blah blah

Anyway, I am going to wait until I can do the entire thing....also want to detail and paint the engine compartment at the same time, reposition battery to trunk. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
grantsfo
Sorry to miss this one. Sounds like fun. Hill climb will be funner however.
brant
can't wait to see pics of the hill climb...
hey grant, how come you ran the mazda at that last autox..?

you going to run the mazda or the teener in the Hill climb?

brant
grantsfo
QUOTE(brant @ Jul 12 2006, 10:22 PM) *

can't wait to see pics of the hill climb...
hey grant, how come you ran the mazda at that last autox..?

you going to run the mazda or the teener in the Hill climb?

brant

Still sorting the 914 out - tons of little issues. So rather than do half as$ job I decided to do everything at once and it wasnt finnished for the local GGR AX last Saturday. I look for excuses to drive the Mazda too.

I'm headed to track day at Infineon next week in the 914 and will be in the 914 for the Hill climb.
brant
good deal then.
I would sure like to hear about it after your experience.

I think you will have SOOO..... MUCH.... FUN.....

brant
Trekkor
Course is almost done...

KT
Trekkor
It's 4600 feet long ohmy.gif

KT
Chris Pincetich
Trek - I was shooting to have my car ready for another AX for the next RR in early August. I liked that course and my instructor. smile.gif

I finished my welding class and will need to find a spare day on a weekend (or take a day off) to weld in the new battery tray. I am hoping to have my neighbor or a 914club member able to loan the welding machine (I'll drive over there and do the work at their location) then with some luck it should only take an hour or so to be done. beerchug.gif

As soon as this fix is done, I'm ready to go! It sure would be nice to be done by Marina idea.gif
Demick
I'm going to try and make it. I've missed so many GGR events this year that I really want to try and make it out for this one.

Demick
Trekkor
Chris, If you want to meet me after my track at Sears on Friday the 21st you ( we ) can repair your car with the welder. welder.gif

Demick, awesome!! This Miata guy needs some 914 pressure.

He says the 911 guys are complaining about another "Miata course"...

I told him when people say to me, " What, another 914 course?"

I say, " yes, they ALL are!!" chairfall.gif

The course has been approved and I'm tempted to post it here naughty.gif

KT
DanT
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 13 2006, 06:46 PM) *

Chris, If you want to meet me after my track at Sears on Friday the 21st you ( we ) can repair your car with the welder. welder.gif

KT

Trekkor, you can pm me a copy biggrin.gif

Need all the advantage I can get dry.gif
Demick

KT

Cool. Post it here Trekkor. I'll set up a mini scale version in my garage and practice it with my r/c 914 for the next few weeks. Howz that for an unfair advantage! driving.gif

Demick
Randal
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 13 2006, 06:53 PM) *

KT

Trekkor, you can pm me a copy biggrin.gif

Need all the advantage I can get dry.gif

What's that Dan...you looking for an advantage?
DanT
OK Randal....how about a little leg up?
or cut to the front of the line
or ? biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Sure Demick!! As long as you run the R/C at Marina chairfall.gif

D'oh!!

KT
Chris Pincetich
Right on! welder.gif
I should ask for that Friday 7/21 off of work. After having 4 days straight off work for the 4th of July, I really feel there should be more 3 day weekends! I'm psyched for another autocross, maybe I can study the course ahead of time. Is the teacher passing out the homework assignment? cool_shades.gif
beerchug.gif
Trekkor
Take the day off...Come to Sears...bring your helmet wink.gif

KT
Demick
Damn. Checked my calendar last night only to find out that day is already booked. headbang.gif I can't seem to win. So looks like I'm out unless my other commitment gets cancelled.

Demick
Borderline
Trek, Do they have rules on how ugly your car can be? I've finally got mine runnin but its f'ugly. I'm so tired of seeing you guys have all the fun. I just want to flog the thing around a little and see how it responds. Maybe I can get a paper bag to fit over the helmet? biggrin.gif
Trekkor
Ugly is OK...In fact it's kinda cool.

Ugly cars beating new and REALLY expensive cars makes me happy. spank.gif

KT
DanT
Hopefully not too ugly....we take enough grief from the others as it is now. biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 13 2006, 08:12 PM) *

or ? biggrin.gif

Or.....some real HP at the flywheel!
DanT
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 14 2006, 02:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 13 2006, 08:12 PM) *

or ? biggrin.gif

Or.....some real HP at the flywheel!

That would probably work too biggrin.gif alfred.gif
Trekkor
So, who's in? mueba.gif

KT
nine14cats
Sorry Trek, I can't make it. I'll be at Thunderhill.

Bill P.
Trekkor
I thought you might.

I bet we will run together at Marina for Zone 7 a/x.

I just hope it's not a 911 course poke.gif

BTW, the course map is embedded in the GGR #5 thread with my other three course designs for Marina wink.gif

KT
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif one week away!

KT
J P Stein
2 weeks & a couple days you can come drive my course at the Parade. biggrin.gif .....iff'n you signed up like SteveN. Someone from the GGR 914 bunch had to represent ya'll. Come to think of it, he's from the Sacramento Region....
Trekkor
You're the course designer for Parade? Wow. Very cool!

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 23 2006, 09:54 PM) *

2 weeks & a couple days you can come drive my course at the Parade. biggrin.gif .....iff'n you signed up like SteveN. Someone from the GGR 914 bunch had to represent ya'll. Come to think of it, he's from the Sacramento Region....

YES!!! Steve is the MAN from the SVR... Can I get an AMEN brothers!
Good luck Steve... driving.gif And an equally good luck to the lovely Joy driving-girl.gif
Trekkor
So Rob, you're coming down to Marina?

How about Martin?

And you Dan?

KT
J P Stein
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 23 2006, 10:15 PM) *

You're the course designer for Parade? Wow. Very cool!
KT

Well....I can't claim sole responsibility.
By the time the National folks got thru with us, some changes were made....for the better, I might add. Our initial layout was too damn fast for an autocross...IMO.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 23 2006, 10:40 PM) *

How about Martin?

And you Dan?

KT

I doubt Martin is in. A lot going on in his life right now. Selling his house and moving and such...

I think I am in. I have to look for accomodations in Marina or Seaside but I am thinking I will come down because it is a Trekkor course... Six if I can, 4 if I can't.

I have a small problem with registration on the Bumble Bee Racer... Because it has a branded title, DMV is saying that CHP has to inspect it... Not sure how soon that can happen. I am sure IPB will be done, just not sure CHP can get it inspected since today is my only day off between now and then.
Steve_7x
Rob -

Thanks for the good wishes. I spent the weekend working on getting the Blue car ready - cleaned from top to bottom, from aft to stern (doesn't know anyting nautical - lol) - and doing some mechanical maintenance. No fun when it is well north of 100 and humid. Joy and I are looking forward to Parade as are the kids. We will try to do SVR proud in August!

Next time you see Martin - wish him the best - hopefully he can make it out the Stockton in September.

JP -

I am so curious to see how the course is going to lay out and how fast we will be going. BTW I am glad that they are slowing it down... there are way to many people that come out and this is the only time they autocross etc...

Joy and I are planning to be there on Saturday as well - then start making the drive to Redding that afternoon... THAT will be a long day - autocross all day then drive from Portland to Redding ;-)

See you there!

Steve
DanT
Good luck Steve and Joy at Parade smile.gif

And Yes Trekkor, I should be at Marina as long as I get everything prepared for my vacation that begins on the 31st. Heading to Oroville for RVing and Boating/skiing.

Need to make sure all the RV stuff is loaded and in order, food in place etc. If it all gets done during the week then I will be at Marina. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 23 2006, 10:40 PM) *

How about Martin?

And you Dan?

KT

I'm not able to go to Hoopa, but I'm pretty sure I can get to Marina for a day. Count me in Trek. Sounds like a 914 AX fest developing. I should have my new 710's mounted by the weekend.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Steve_7x @ Jul 24 2006, 09:17 AM) *

JP -
I am so curious to see how the course is going to lay out and how fast we will be going. BTW I am glad that they are slowing it down... there are way to many people that come out and this is the only time they autocross etc...

Joy and I are planning to be there on Saturday as well - then start making the drive to Redding that afternoon... THAT will be a long day - autocross all day then drive from Portland to Redding ;-)

See you there!

Steve

Steve:

If you go to the Oregon Region web site & pre-register for the Saturday event,
it will offer you morning or afternoon session....so you could be out of there by noonish.

As for the big event, there are 2 or 3 3rd gear corners...made trickier by them bastards with the cones biggrin.gif ....and a couple of straights that will take you to 70-80.

To my way of thinkin', your typical AX set-up/alignment will get ya in trouble.
I cranked in some front bar and am hoping for the best.

DanT
Well, the good thing about Marina this coming Sunday is that the temperature is supposed to be in the high 60s..... boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

I might not sweat off 5 pounds like this past weekend. sad.gif

That will ony be about a 40 degree swing compared to the last few days.

confused24.gif
Trekkor
I need a cool weekend. cool_shades.gif

We'll have a good time near the Monterey Bay.

914 a/x fest...I like that. clap56.gif

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 24 2006, 04:56 PM) *

I need a cool weekend. cool_shades.gif

We'll have a good time near the Monterey Bay.

914 a/x fest...I like that. clap56.gif

KT

Trek,

Your on! I just made my reservations for the Comfort Inn at the north end of Marina. I should be there by 6pm or so.
I still don't know which car I will be in. Rumor has it the Tangerine Header will be here soon. So the 4 might be up on the jack stands. The 6 is at IPB in Sacramento but should be done. I would rather drive the 6 down than trailer the 4. The trailer needs tires and that is a bit too far to trust the rat rubber that is on it. Too late to get that done by the weekend.
Martin is looking like a no go but he sends his regards to all...

Rob
Trekkor
Hi Martin wavey.gif

I think you should come along, too.

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 25 2006, 08:45 AM) *

Hi Martin wavey.gif

I think you should come along, too.

KT

I think he would cramp our style. Kitty says no!

Rob
grantsfo
So how many 914 drivers are showing?
Trekkor
Lots...

Roll call.

I'm there, of course.

KT
ConeDodger
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 25 2006, 11:25 PM) *

Lots...

Roll call.

I'm there, of course.

KT

I'm in. 4cylinder if the Tangerine Racing Header is on, 6cylinder if it isn't...

Rob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.