Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show me your door gaps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I would like to examine up close some pictures of how the door gaps should look back by the sail panels and door handle. Mine are very narrow up top which I attribute to the flair install and or the roll bar install. I am welding in the inner long kit and would like to get a look at the gaps, the car will be off to the body shop soon for the paint. Measurement per factory specs from top of windshield to roll bar sail panel top are spot on. confused24.gif
iamchappy
Anyone......
Gint
I can get some shots tonight if I remember. By then you should have a couple anyway.
JoeSharp
I've never tried this before. Dirty Beauty.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Just back from the WCC
I'll wwash her today
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
rmital
not the best angle...just one I had on my computer here at work.
drewvw

I don't have any pics at work, but mine look roughly the same as the pics up above. I can take some later if you still need 'em.
iamchappy
These are good, I looked at a solid car yesterday and the gap on top above the door handle was huge and didnt seem right to me. I know these cars had a lot of hand fitting and was trying to fiqure if the cars door gaps varied.

Ray your gaps appear wider than Joe's or is it the angle.
rmital
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 13 2006, 06:02 AM) *

Ray your gaps appear wider than Joe's or is it the angle.

Not the angle...I think my silver 914 gaps are definitely wider. No flex though.

My zambeize 914 had some rot at the jacking points. The door gaps looked fine, about 1/4" from top to bottom (more narrow than the silver one), but the windows caught the rubber at the top so flex was going on. Once new metal was welded in at the jacking points, it was amazing how it corrected itself.
iamchappy
Hmmm.
Tobra
perhaps your door is a bit tweaked or hung a bit cockeyed
cooltimes
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Here are my door gaps on the 72 I just got.
Never been wrecked so I assume these are close to where it should be original.
4 pixs gaps at front and rear of each door.
Hope this helps.
MikeCool
Jackson TN
iamchappy
Many thanks guys..I'll go with what you've posted..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.