Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A/C bracket for the TIV / 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MBowman325
Due to finances, I'll be skipping on the package deal from ICEAC.com for the compressor, bracket and hose fittings (near drop in replacement for the York compressor) for some thing less expensive.

I stumbled on this: http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=2554

It's a bracket for the VW Bus for a Sanden 508. Since they're both TIV engines, this should be something that can be used on the 914.

I've got a grinder, but I've no way to fab up anything to make it work. Once it's mounted, I hoses shouldn't be an issue for me.

Opinions?
STL914
Sent you a PM.
MarkV
That listing is for an adapter to adapt a Sanden to a York mount. You need the York mount to make it work. That price is double what they usually sell for.

Adapter

2-OH!
The picture Mark sent looks like it will work to mount the compressor, but it's a little too dark to see the bottom tabs...

If you put several pieces together, the concern would be the pulleys on the engine...They must all be the same and they must line up perfectly or you'll get premature wear on the belt...This is a drop the engine, pull the blower case off type thing...

I just got my mount kit from ICEAC yesterday...They use a wide, serpentine belt with grooved pulleys...The factory unit used a V-Groove belt...And I have seen a skinny flat belt used...

Also the condenser and mount needs to be right...

Hoses can be made up at any good A/C installer...

2-OH!
TJB/914
Here's what the 914 Porsche mounting hardware looks like.

Tom
MarkV
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Jul 13 2006, 01:06 PM) *

The picture Mark sent looks like it will work to mount the compressor, but it's a little too dark to see the bottom tabs...

If you put several pieces together, the concern would be the pulleys on the engine...They must all be the same and they must line up perfectly or you'll get premature wear on the belt...This is a drop the engine, pull the blower case off type thing...

I just got my mount kit from ICEAC yesterday...They use a wide, serpentine belt with grooved pulleys...The factory unit used a V-Groove belt...And I have seen a skinny flat belt used...

Also the condenser and mount needs to be right...

Hoses can be made up at any good A/C installer...

2-OH!

... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
MBowman325
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 13 2006, 12:38 PM) *

Here's what the 914 Porsche mounting hardware looks like.

Tom

What / Where does the piece on the left go?

I seem to keep looking for a decent reason to tear into the car. smile.gif I don't have any problem with dropping the engine to get it all fitted and bolted up. I'm hoping that with mostly stock hardware, a Sanden will line up with no issue. If it has to be adjusted a little fore or aft, I wouldn't think that's a big problem to take care of and get the belt lined up.
TJB/914
Michael

I don't know where that piece (belt tension pulley) goes, because I never installed mine. I just have the parts stashed away (somewhere??). Since these brackets are for the York compressor that piece might attach to the bottom of the York compressor?? or bottom of the motor case?? I'll try to find my copy of the installation manual in my stash & look for clues. Send me an email and I'll look it up in a few days tjbliznik@ameritech.net

Tom
BTW: In my opinion the only worthy AC stuff to collect is the underdash piece inside the car. This piece makes your 914 look factory. All the other stuff can be purchased aftermarket with the latest new upgrades. Take a look at the Street Rod AC stuff and it's all there except the underdash piece I mentioned. Oh, forgot you need the pulley mounted on the engine (see picture)
ClayPerrine

The factory didn't make the AC systems, they were made by two aftermarket companies, DPD and VPC. I have ALL of the stuff for the DPD compressor mount in the attic. Michael, you are welcome to them if you want them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.