Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: doors wont lock from outside...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dflesburg
Doors work fine except I put the key in, turn it, remove it and doors don't lock

Must be something I am doing wrong.
BMXerror
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Jul 13 2006, 09:53 AM) *

Doors work fine except I put the key in, turn it, remove it and doors don't lock

Must be something I am doing wrong.

I had this problem too until I realized that I was turning it the wrong way. headbang.gif Might be something to check. biggrin.gif
Mark D.
Dr Evil
The end of the lock cylinder has a square protuberance sticking out of it that engauges the arm that engauges the lock plate thing. If this square part rounds off (common, I have one with this problem, its how I know) then it will not work .

Easy check, just remove the door handel, put your key in and twist.
URY914
See the little pot metal "nipple" at the bottom of the handle? If this breaks: no lockie-lockie. If you need one, I'll give you one.

hbh
i had the same problem too...i took the interior door panel off and sprayed all the parts down with silicon spray, took the interior latch a little loose and "adjusted" the entire system until i got it all to work. the first time i got the key to work then the interior lock wouldnt come off, so i kept fussing with the adjustment until now both the key and the interior lock work together. I was turning the key the wrong way on the door lock also to start with....now both doors work fine with the key...with just a fraction of an inch adjustment on the long arm that connects the exterior door lock to the interior door lock and a little silicone it all functions properly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.