Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone thinking they want to get into RC cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chogokin
I know this isn't the classified forum but out of curiosity is anyone out there thinking they want to build a RC 914? I know a few of you out there have em. If anyone is interested I will post my RC in the classifieds, don't have a teener body but have a great high $$ car I'm thinking of getting rid of with all the extras.
SLKWrx
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Jul 13 2006, 09:17 AM) *

I know this isn't the classified forum but out of curiosity is anyone out there thinking they want to build a RC 914? I know a few of you out there have em. If anyone is interested I will post my RC in the classifieds, don't have a teener body but have a great high $$ car I'm thinking of getting rid of with all the extras.

Odd you should mention this. I was actually just thinking of getting the Tamiya Alfa and then picking up the 914 body for it. What do you have that you're selling?
Chogokin
I have a Yokomo MR4 with all the trimmings. Just needs new tires and a teener body!
Chogokin
just wanted to add this pic to help the thought process lol. BTW anyone know where to get a 1/10th scale teener body from?

Click to view attachment
MattR
Are you sure the 914 body fits that? I think the 914 body has a totally different wheelbase.

Plus, this belongs in the classifieds.
TINCAN914
How much are you asking?
Chogokin
I know this belongs in classifieds, like I said at the beginning I was just curious to find out if there was an interest before I listed it, will probably move this thread over if I can figure out how.. And as far as the 914 body, the wheels that are on this thing are not the ones that go on it, I'm not sure what a teener body wheel base is but if it is 1/10 it can't be that much different. The front bumper is removable on this and the body can be moved back. The shocks are fully adjustable to slam this thing if you want to. I've had about 4 different bodies for it from 911 to Nissan Skyline and made them all fit. Like I said in a PM I have over $600 in it but know there is no way to get that out of it, so I would be open to reasonable offers. BTW how do I move this thread to the classifieds?
MattR
It is totally different. The 914 body fits a "mini" chassis.
Chogokin
so... blink.gif ok.. this thing has a 10" wheel base, what is it for a mini? Is there only 1 place to get a teener body? Anyone sell a 1/8th size?? Can this thread be moved or is it stuck right here in the garage?
Demick
You would need to shorten the wheelbase by ~15mm, and narrow the width by ~30mm to fit the 914 body. So no, it won't fit. There are only 2 lexan 914 body sizes made - the mini sized 1/10th, and the slot car sized 1/24th scale.
Demick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.