Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody have a Tech Article on reinstalling motor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
After months of work I am just about ready to reinstall my motor - engine seal and control arm issues. I have found plenty of articles on removal but little on installation - "just reverse of removal" stuff. Would like to know, for example, things like should I regrease the CV joints, and with what, and should I grease the tranny shaft before reattaching the tranny? Anybody have any notes or know of a good article or manual (Haynes is not good) that would walk me through it - first timer if you could not tell!

Thanks in advance!
2-OH!
The Pelican article is pretty good but yea, you have to think your way through the "Reverse" idea...Just take the article sit down a few days before and write your own "Cliff Notes" version...

It's really not that hard...Just intimidating until you do it once...

To me, the hardest part is keeping the engine square and balanced on a floor jack...Go slow and follow your "Reverse" notes...

2-OH!
tat2dphreak
install is the reverse of extraction wink.gif Haynes told me so...
So.Cal.914
I don't lube the the trans shaft, can collect dust and dirt. Pilot bearing should be

replaced and it is prelubed. Yes clean and repack CV's with bearing grease.

Putting the engine in is a breeze after the first time, if you were not so far I

would show you how. I am sure there is at least one non-club member close to you

that can give you a hand or at least supervise, shouldn't take but a few hours,

have BEER and BBQ ready.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.