Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Re-Assembly Party THIS SATURDAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Andy and I are going to reassembling his car this saturday at my shop starting at about 10:30 am. Since Andy still isn't feeling great, I was hoping we might be able to get a few people to show up and help put things back together.

Anyone able to show up for a couple hours on Sat?
Randal
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 13 2006, 12:24 PM) *

Andy and I are going to reassembling his car this saturday at my shop starting at about 10:30 am. Since Andy still isn't feeling great, I was hoping we might be able to get a few people to show up and help put things back together.

Anyone able to show up for a couple hours on Sat?

All the Zone 7/GGR instructors are committed to the AutoX school at Candlestick on Saturday and Sunday.

Otherwise I'd be there.
DNHunt
Wish I could make it. Walkers swapmeet and lunch with Jenny and Brian in Seattle instead.

Dave
jgara962
I may try to swing by. Got some stuff to do before I go on vacation next week, and the in-laws are coming over for lunch. wacko.gif
Eric Taylor
Wish I could help you guys sounds like fun to me. you've got my moral support.
Eric
nocones
I could take a ride over the hill and lend a hand.
Don't know where your shop is though Mark, so I'll need directions.
beer.gif
McMark
Shop is at

1721 Action Ave
Napa, CA 94559

It's just a bunch of little busy work and we can use any hand we can get for as long or as little as we can get it.

By ourselves it would be a long long long day. I'm hoping we can get it done in 4 hours with some help. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif
nocones
I'll be there!
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 13 2006, 12:46 PM) *
All the Zone 7/GGR instructors are committed to the AutoX school at Candlestick on Saturday and Sunday.

Are you sure? I thought the school was the following weekend...

--DD
Randal
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 13 2006, 03:56 PM) *

--DD

You're right Dave. I've been emailing back and forth to Doug about pulling the trailer and just thought it was this weekend.

Now for a trip to Napa hey?

McMark
Almost talked your way out of it Randal. But then Dave had to blow your cover. lol2.gif Hahaha.
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif i can't do any heavy lifting right now, but i'm sure i can still shout orders ... biggrin.gif

thanks everybody, i'll buy lunch & beers!
beerchug.gif Andy
DanT
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 13 2006, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 13 2006, 03:56 PM) *

--DD

You're right Dave. I've been emailing back and forth to Doug about pulling the trailer and just thought it was this weekend.

Now for a trip to Napa hey?

I saw your post about the dates right after you posted it this morning but didn't want to blow your cover biggrin.gif

glad Dave wasn't bashfull about that.

By the way....at the AX school Orange run group rules.... blink.gif
nebreitling
edit: randal and i will be communting up together. should be there on time at 10.30
McMark
Yay! Thanks everyone. smilie_pokal.gif We'll get this thing whipped into shape in no time. Maybe I can have some people work on my project too. idea.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif
rktmn247
Sounds like a great learning oppurtunity for a newb like me. Wish I wasnt so far from all the fun! I hope it all goes well!
Trekkor
I *may* pop in. confused24.gif

A very busy day for me. How late will you be there?

KT
Sparky
I've got a family commitment and it's not exactly a day trip. But I really want to , does that count?

McMark
Project List: (Andy help me out if I'm missing something)

+ Firmly install the F/R suspension.
+ Install new brake lines.
+ Bleed the brakes.
+ Install the motor.
+ Install the gas tank.
+ Install the seats.
+ Swap the correct doors onto the car and align. (we know Randal's fast at this) biggrin.gif
+ Install F/R deck lids.
+ Weld the roll cage.
+ Install used rear shocks.
+ Alignment??
Randal
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Jul 13 2006, 05:25 PM) *

edit: randal and i will be communting up together. should be there on time at 10.30

Starbucks on the way up!

If anyone else wants to go up with us I'll be leaving Los Altos about 8:00am.
Trekkor
+ Install the motor.

Which motor? chowtime.gif

KT
McMark

The parts for the 3.6 are taking longer than expected. So I need to get it out of the parking lot. The new plan is to get the oil cooler mods done and get all the motor pieces ready to go. Then do the motor swap in a big weekend. smash.gif
Dave_Darling
Wish I could help out, but I'd be in Big Trouble if I tried to skip out for the whole day.

--DD
McMark
icon_bump.gif

See you in the morning.
sixnotfour
little off topic , Did you get the PM oil tank yet ?
McMark
Nope. sad.gif
DNHunt
Putting the 1.7 in for a while is not a bad idea. He can get a real feal for how much the straightening helped handling.

Dave
McMark
Good point Dave! thumb3d.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm meeting up this weekend to get the "PM" tank in my possession for shipping.

B
nocones
Nice seeing everyone today.
We got a fair amount accomplished before I had to leave.
Couldn't find my sunglasses on the way out though.
Any of you folks happent to scoop up a pair of black Oakleys by mistake?

nebreitling
good to meet you, michael! hope you get your glasses back.

we got a fair amount done, but the car needs a lot of minor sorting. i don't think those brake lines had ever been off.... lord knows i spend enough time on 'em.

andy, take it bloody easy. PLEASE. put your car in storage for a while if needed, and get your ass down to Stanford Medical or some proper research center to figure this shit out. i'm glad that you're still your own sour-kraut-punk self.
SirAndy
thanks for the help everyone! smilie_pokal.gif smiley_notworthy.gif bye1.gif smash.gif

Click to view attachment

and the mighty 1.7L !!!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.