Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 engine in a 356
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PH356
I need some information from the 914 knowledge base here. I'm planning on building up a 914 engine to put in my 356 for DE events. More HP. More Torque, better reliability, etc. I'm thinking about building it up to about 2100-2200cc. Any recommendations on which case to start with? Or are they all about the same?
What differences are there if any to VW type IV cases?
I'd also be interested in any recommended reading to pick up.
Thanks,
Phil
Minneapolis
G e o r g e
cases are the same, basically. check out shoptalkforums type 4 board you can get a lot of info from people using type4 in these scenarios.
ptravnic
For your power range there is a tried and true 2056cc & 2270cc.
McMark
Hey Phil. welcome.png

I think you're the guy Mike Zois was talking to, right?. wink.gif

The cases are the same, usually bus cases are beat to hell and have the oil filler at the bottom of the case instead of on the top. A properly set up 2056 will net you 125 hp or so and a properly set up 2270 can get you up around 170-180 hp. ohmy.gif

If you want to build it yourself, I recommend the kits that Jake Raby sells. They take all the guess work out of the parts purchasing process. You literally get a box of parts and just start putting things together. Easy easy.
maf914
QUOTE(George H. @ Jul 13 2006, 11:53 AM) *

cases are the same, basically. check out shoptalkforums type 4 board you can get a lot of info from people using type4 in these scenarios.

agree.gif

The type 4 and aircooled technology forums at shoptalkforums.com are a good source of info. Spend some time there and learn what people with the big four build-ups and conversions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.