Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: George McClelland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
I was trying to find George McClelland (Jean is his wife) who I thought was still in LA and part of the Orange County Porsche Club.

I wanted to show him some pictures of my car, given that he introduced me to Porches when he was still living in San Jose and I was in high school.

I just heard today that George passed away two years ago.

That is sad.

I’ll never know if this was the same George McClelland that I was trying to reach.

In the old days George's son Rex and I used to tear around San Jose in his Dad 356. He was actually a very good, but somewhat over the top, driver. Actually this guy wasn't happy unless he was in a full four wheel drift, which was most of the time, with me holding on for dear life.

He scared me so much in the hills around San Jose that I, for the longest time, didn't want to learn to drive in a competitive situation or have anything to do with a rally car.

I doubt anyone would have ever broken our Los Gatos to Santa Cruz (1:00AM) record, which was done before the dividers.

The fact that we never had an accident is still just amazing to me.

No wonder I'm so hard on my 17 year old.
914-8
George was the ultimate lifetime Porsche guy.

And a heck of a nice guy, too.

I knew him very well in the early 90s when I was into PCA. I was on the PCA OCR Board for a few years, and we always had our monthly meetings in his garage. That was a very long-standing PCA OCR tradition.

He had a nice 356 cab, and of course his '86 928 that he won many local and Parade concours with.

I don't know his age when he passed, but he was an old guy in the early 1990s. The last few years he had a lot of health problems, I think he had a pretty bad stroke towards the end.
Randal
QUOTE(914-8 @ Jul 13 2006, 02:24 PM) *

George was the ultimate lifetime Porsche guy.

And a heck of a nice guy, too.

I knew him very well in the early 90s when I was into PCA. I was on the PCA OCR Board for a few years, and we always had our monthly meetings in his garage. That was a very long-standing PCA OCR tradition.

He had a nice 356 cab, and of course his '86 928 that he won many local and Parade concours with.

I don't know his age when he passed, but he was an old guy in the early 1990s. The last few years he had a lot of health problems, I think he had a pretty bad stroke towards the end.

I just heard from the Pete at Zone 8 who told me that Jean has developed Alzheimer's. That is really unfortunate. She is a classy lady who always had us young kids totally figured out.

I wish I could find someone who knows were George's son Rex is.....

Pat Garvey
Wow, this comes as a surprise to me! I first met George at the '74 Parade & determined immediately that he was cool. Saw him again at the 78 and 81 Parades &, though he did look old, he knew how to concours a 928 (914/6 before that). Helped me a lot with our regional newsletter (Ohio Valley at the time). Could always count on hm for help w/late night calls.

Sad! Will miss him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.