Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maximizing my space
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IanStott
My garage is long and high, if the teener is 36 inches off the floor then another car can drive in under it. Anyone else using a lift, idea's appreciated. Will still have room for my snowblower if I dso this right!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
lapuwali
36" is pretty short for the car beneath. Even a 914 is about 45" high. Most normal sedans are 55-60" high.

You want a four-post lift. That's basically it if you're mostly planning on using it for extra parking space. Prices are anywhere from US$2000 to US$10,000, depending on exactly what you want, and where it's made (Chinese stuff is cheaper). Both 110 and 220 models are available. Google is your friend, here. Four-posts don't have to be bolted to the floor. You'll typically need at least a 9ft ceiling to use one to park cars top and bottom, and likely more unless you're parking a pair of Lotuses on the thing.

914-8
QUOTE(IanStott @ Jul 13 2006, 04:37 PM) *

My garage is long and high, if the teener is 36 inches off the floor then another car can drive in under it. Anyone else using a lift, idea's appreciated. Will still have room for my snowblower if I dso this right!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

What kind of car are you going to drive under your 914 when your 914 is 36 inches off the floor?!?

A go cart?
Gint
You need a good 9' cieling if you want to park two 914's one on top of the other. If one of the cars is larger, you want to add room accordingly.
IanStott
The car going under is an Acura, but only to the windshield, the hood up to the wipers is all that needs to go under, then I will have enough room to close the garage door and still be able to get the snowblower out in the winter!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
ptravnic
Won't anything that gets parked under a 914 end up getting oil dripped all over it???

av-943.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE(ptravnic @ Jul 14 2006, 07:11 AM) *

Won't anything that gets parked under a 914 end up getting oil dripped all over it???
av-943.gif

Yep, you'd have to get an oil-drip tray for the lift, for sure! That's what I plan on doing once I save up enough for one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.