Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: has any one changed front motor mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
i felt a bumping under acceleration. with some looking around and under i found both front mounts [the little rubber thingies] .

so any stories?
MartyYeoman
Broke both of mine in half.
They can be changed out without too much trouble.
BMXerror
QUOTE(messix @ Jul 13 2006, 05:12 PM) *

i felt a bumping under acceleration. with some looking around and under i found both front mounts [the little rubber thingies] .

so any stories?

You found them where, and in what condition?
Mark D.
Allan
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jul 13 2006, 05:19 PM) *

agree.gif I've done it...
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jul 13 2006, 05:19 PM) *

Broke both of mine in half.

Ya, well kind of... actually I think it's a beotch to change. I've got 2 under my belt & the 2nd time "was" easier.

Just support the engine & loosen/ lower the engine bar. Yer gonna find not much room get'n at dem nuts to take out the old & put in the new. Have fun biggrin.gif & make sure ya gots lots of Fat Tiar!!! drunk.gif

.......b
BMXerror
I've had my car three months, and haven't even driven it yet, but I've done it three times. If you're talking about the outside ones, it's cake(I don't know if you have an early or late motor mount). The inner mounts are a PIA, but you can get it if you're patient. It's just hard to get in between the brackets and the fan shroud to put the nuts on. Give yourself about an hour for each top nut, and you'll be fine!
Mark D.
messix
i've got them out, and the one click at a time is a pain!
Dave_Darling
Amen to that! I found access was a bit easer if I removed the oil filter, IIRC. And install the mounts onto the brackets on the crankcase first, then install the motor mount bar. Only took me a couple of tries to figure that latter one out...

(Yes, I was blonde at the time. wink.gif )

--DD
messix
got-r-done!
after rich got [swam 'cause raining and he rode his motorcycle today, what was he think'n] home and gave me the one's he had for the LE project that i will replace with new ones, b.s'd for a bit and got back home and got er together.
yes D.D. i figured that out right away.

and dan if yer lurkin' droping the motor down a bit didn't help much, cause the fan shroud was still in the away to get to the mount on the engine.

this one i don't want to repeat, but didn't seem as bad as a valve lash in car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.