Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
poohsan
Even though I have posted two questions already I would like to back up and formally introduce myself to the club.

My name is Arron (AKA poohsan).

I’m located in the Westchester area of Los Angeles, CA and I am a toy designer for Mattel, the Barbie and Hotwheels company. I just purchased my first 914 one week ago. I was looking for a starter car for about 2 months. I chose a local car from the Los Angeles area but I’m not sure if it is a CA car. I believe I paid a fair price, the other half is under the impression I paid less. happy11.gif

Here’s the rundown:

Year: 1975, 1.8

Paint: Darker metallic gray, repainted by a previous owner, original color was metallic blue. It’s a 20 foot paint job.

Interior: The interior is very rough but mostly there minus the door panels, handles and some small things. All of the weather striping in the cab is thrashed, there is currently no way to stop water from coming into the car. Good thing it is summer.

Motor / Trans: Overall it is currently running good, for the 20 miles I drove it home. It starts easily and idles well. When driving it moves through all of the gears easily. I have a question about first gear but I will post that in my next post.

Body: From what I can tell there is not a lot of rust but I’m sure more will turn up as I start exploring under the paint.

Current intentions (for the car): I plan on fixing the major bugs before worrying about the cosmetic things. I’ve started searching for parts. I’d love to trade non car items for parts!

Items to fix before I can drive it: It is in serious need of new tires, a new steering wheel, and the speedometer does not work.

Hope to hear from yo all!
Arron

Also, thanks to Gary for welcoming me to the club in one of my previous post!
rktmn247
welcome.png It's fun here!
TonyAKAVW
welcome.png

I'm just down the road from you a few miles in Redondo Beach. KaptKaos lives really close to you. Im' not sure how many other active members there are on the west side, but judging by the number of 914s I see, there must be some other lurkers.

I might be able to help you with some of the interior odds and ends you are missing.

Again, welcome to the club.

-Tony
poohsan
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jul 13 2006, 06:25 PM) *

welcome.png

I'm just down the road from you a few miles in Redondo Beach. KaptKaos lives really close to you. Im' not sure how many other active members there are on the west side, but judging by the number of 914s I see, there must be some other lurkers.

I might be able to help you with some of the interior odds and ends you are missing.

Again, welcome to the club.

-Tony

Sounds great. I've placed some bids on EBay yesterday for the following items: door panels with handles and map box, steering wheel, sock shift lever. I’d rather find them locally instead of paying for postage and shipping.

I’d really like to get this thing on the road!

- Arron
Sparky
Welcome to the addiction!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Come on, you knew it was coming show us the ride!

My best,
Mike D.
KaptKaos
Welcome Arron. I am in Westchester too. PM me me and we can hook up.

Oh yeah:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Brad Roberts
Welcome!!

You've come to the right place!

B
GWN7
Hello and Welcome smile.gif
morph
welcome.png
hello and welcome to our sickness laugh.gif
lots of good people here with allot of knowledge

mattel? idea.gif like to trade?? and i have two sons happy11.gif
JoeSharp
AAnother AAron: Dude welcome.png If Joe can't help I'm sure that another Joe can. Anyway If you need anythying and Joe does not have it come to a Bar-B-
Q at my house and we will find a way to help you.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
drewvw
welcome.png

now lets see some pics....
BMartin914
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Jul 13 2006, 07:51 PM) *

AAnother AAron: Dude welcome.png If Joe can't help I'm sure that another Joe can. Anyway If you need anythying and Joe does not have it come to a Bar-B-
Q at my house and we will find a way to help you.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

AA and RR, a match made in well... wub.gif

Oh yeah welcome.png
nebreitling
welcome, arron!

do you by chance know shannon wallits? she was a mattel a few years ago, maybe still.....
elwood-914
Welcome Arron. welcome.png You will fall in love with these cars and they become addicting....the best part, all the help you need is right here.
poohsan
Ok… Now that I’m home from work I can post the images. biggrin.gif
These are the images from the ad for the car.

-Arron
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
poohsan
After my post today, Tony invited me over to pick up some parts, (Now I hope I am out bid on Ebay!). Thanks Tony! I now have a stock steering wheel, a stock shift lever, and a passenger side door handle. I may be driving as soon as Sunday!

Friday afternoon I will need to pick up some drivable tiers. Since I will be driving only to find all of the bugs I’m not ready to purchase highend tiers. Does anyone have a recommendation on what size and make I should buy?

Thanks,
Arron

GWN7
Tire rack has Kumho 711 Size: 195/50HR15
Serv. Desc: 82H
Price: $38.00 (each) Special
Estimated Availability: In Stock
KaptKaos
PM sent to you.
highways
Howdy, welcome to the club. I'm on the westside... santa monica. Better start shopping for some rubber before winter comes!
7TPorsh
Nice to see your car is on the road. Hope to get mine that way soon to get into these SoCal drives!
welcome.png
fiid
Welcome! There's an awesome crowd down in SoCal (and I've only met a few of them in the flesh...) and between your locals and this board you should be able to get all your issues taken care of! You're in the right place! Congrats on the car too - it looks like a nice one!

welcome.png smilie_pokal.gif
jgara962
welcome.png

You'll love it here. It has been a wealth of information for me and everyone is very helpful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.