Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wot: painting a jetta rubstrip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
Click to view attachmentI want to paint the rubstrip on the bumper of 03 Jetta black. Iwas thinking of using Krylon Fuson semi gloss black since the strip is rubber. After thinking about it a while I relised it is already painted. What would be the best way to paint it? Should I go with the fussion paint, prime and use Krylon regular satin black, use a dupli color afrom the flaps, or usetruck bed liner paint (not sure how much texture that would give me. Dont want to spend 400 to just replace that strip, I am a cheap SOB. Don't have my camera so this is the only pic I can find of a jetta bumper, Oh my car is silver and the part I want to paint black is the thin insert.
DonTraver
Buy a good car paint, PPG Delstar, doesn't need a clear coat. There is a additive that you add to the paint that rubberizes it, makes it flexible so it won't crack. Use that and prep and paint, you're done. Cost should be under $100 if you buy the smallest cans of additives and just a pint of paint.

Later, Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.