Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proportioning Valve Install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Romanowski
Just a pic of my new proportioning valve. We used all the factory holes. A picture of the front caliper too.

Matt
Brad Roberts
Hey!! I *thought* you where a Rennlist guy!!

When did you start "Apex"? Last time I saw you was in Texas at Parade smile.gif

$5 says you end up running that prop valve wide open after some testing biggrin.gif

B
Dr Evil
Neat!
Brad Roberts
You just used the word "neat"?? alfred.gif

B
Dr Evil
Oh, are you like one of those girls on the comercials that decides what is cool and what isn't? "Like, oh my god. I am so sick of hearing 'thats hot'. Like that is soo not. Nobody says 'hot' anymore."

tongue.gif Blow me Brad-hole wink.gif
Matt Romanowski
Brad,

I like to consider myself a multi-dimensional, international, quasi-multicultural, interplanitary kind of guy.....or maybe just a 914 junkie.

We have been doing Apex since before the Parade. 3 years now!?

I talked with the Wilwood engineers and they thought I should have good balance with 1.75 piston Superlights up front and 1.38 pistons in the rear. It's easier to put the valve in now as we are replumbing than later. The thing is going to stop like I put out parachutes.

I'll post some pictures of the rear calipers next week. I'll have some extra mounts that fit the trailing arm perfect and have 3.5 hole spacing. It'll be easy for anyone to mount up any caliper they want on the rear.

Matt
Brad Roberts
Let us know Matt!

We will be looking at new products to sell through the store here on the site.

B
Matt Romanowski
Just let me know what you need. We are just tapping them now and they are ready to go!

Matt
Aaron Cox
whats the c to c spacing of the mounting bolts of the front wilwoods?

looks bitchin!
Matt Romanowski
3.5" You don't have to modify the front at all - it bolts right up. On the rear I'm going to have vented rotors too....

Matt
Aaron Cox
but i have 3" 911 front end.... bummer.
crash914
Hey, when did you get the 5 bolt set up? are you going to have an adjusting knob inside?

I am thinking that what you have looks like the hot set up. I need vented rotors only on 4 lug.......

keep working on it and let me know when you get it perfected....I will take one...herb
Matt Romanowski
5 Bolt went on this year. I'm just going to have the know in the back. My luck, someone would get in and start turning it (most likely me!). I'm not sure the best way to do vented four stuff, but I can tell you how to do 5 lug vented!

Matt
crash914
Good!

I might have to get some of those Mueller Hubs that Brad makes....
I do like the calipers. do you have any choice of brake pads?
Matt Romanowski
A little bit of choice. 8 compounds from Wilwood, 3 from Raybestos, 4 (ish) from PFC, a couple from Hawk, and 3 from Porterfield. I figure out of roughly 20 compounds I should find something I like. I'm trying the Raybestos ST-43 first. My biggest concern is not getting enough heat into them.

Matt
crash914
sounds good.

let me know when you come down to VIR or summit....My car is down right now for flairs and reduced cylinder spacers...hope to have it done in a couple of weeks...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.