Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I finished painting my car today!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I can't believe how good it looks, even my wife was excited.
URY914
It is a little darker than I wanted but so what.
URY914
I gotta shoot the rear lid again-too thin.
URY914
I think red cars are much faster and yellow ones smilie_flagge24.gif
redshift
Hoot! You driving that to Brumos? wink.gif

I like it.

M
John Kelly
Hi Paul,

Looks great! I bet you used that light weight paint too. You are going to have to change your avatar! Congratulations!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Jeroen
Looking great!!!
smilie_pokal.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
Thanks,
I had a guy that was walking by stop and look at it.
"Is that a MG?"
'Bout kicked his ass!

Paul
redshift
heh..

Black 914s make people say, "Nice Fiat!"..

M
ChrisReale
cool. Do you have another piece that fits below the spoiler?
URY914
No room for anything else. Theres only about 2" below the spoiler and that drops to about 1/2" when I'm on the brakes hard.

Paul
machina
Car looks awsome paul. Now that its all one color, it really looks long and sleek. Its the combination of the tonneau cover, no door gap, and no windshield. Very good lines and very unique.

dr

btw,
how much did the paint weigh? seriously, how many quarts? Paint does weigh alot. I guess it added maybe 10 or 12 pounds no?
URY914
I used +/- a quart. I'll skip dinner tonight to make up for it. laugh.gif

It really does look long. The fenders are all wider than stock but it doesn't look it. Those are 7" rims with 225s and a 1/4" spacers on the rear.

Paul
seanery
smilie_pokal.gif Good Job Paul! smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
what do the air inlets on the side go to?ram air to engine? rear brakes? oil cooler?
URY914
The NACA duct in the door is/will be/maybe not connected by hoses that dump air stright thru the fire wall and into the middle of the fan. Does it work? Don't know for sure, but looks cool. Problem is the duct is made from ABS plastic and I can't get it to bond to the fiberglass. It has cracks almost all the way around it. I might be taking it out. I currently don't have the hoses installed.

Paul
TimT
WOW way cool!!!!

I knew it would look great when it was painted and it looks better than I thought..

there is something to be said about when this question is asked

"who built your car"

ans:

"I did"

clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif

beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif beerchug.gif
URY914
Thanks Tim,
You're right-can't wait until I can answer, "I did everything!!"

Paul
mharrison
Looks GREAT! Congratulations on your FIRST paint job!!! Ahhh.... I remember the silver 911T I shot.

Anyway...it looks AWESOME!! I know how proud you must be of it...I'll bet you can't wait for the next event!!!
rhodyguy
looks great paul. i agree about the long and lean, like a missle. shiny, in the one pict you can see the light coming thru the fencing reflecting off. smilie_pokal.gif

kevin
MJHanna
Looks Great boldblue.gif boldblue.gif Guess who needs to change his Avatar rolleyes.gif
Rouser
Looks nice ... very nice.

I agree; red cars ARE faster than yellow cars. idea.gif
watsonrx13
Great job Paul, can't wait to see it in person.... smilie_pokal.gif
Rusty
Good job, bud! You should be proud of your work. Those who have never prepped a car for paint, or tried to control a paint-gun have no true appreciation for the effort involved.

I want to buy you a beer sometime! That's just cool. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.