Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GTs at LeMans Classic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
LeMans classic was awash wish some classic porsche exocitca including 4 914-6 GTs
I finaly have resized my fotos..
DDK LINK HERE
This car No 50 came 5th in P5 against 906s 908 2x917s + a Ferrari P3 (gulf 914 was 1st)
IPB Image
johannes
Nice pics ... thank you for the link ! piratenanner.gif
jgara962
Great link! aktion035.gif
Gustl
James, many thanks for the crosslink - really cool pics thumb3d.gif

I've got a question - I do know the orange and the yellow car, these are *real* GTs
but can anyone tell me more about this one, please?

IPB Image

wavey.gif Gustl
thesey914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 14 2006, 09:38 PM) *

can anyone tell me more about this one, please?
wavey.gif Gustl

Gustl, It is owned by Jeff Moyes (who works for AFN porsche in the UK) -info from LMC progamme
URY914
Last night I posted some 914 pics from previous LeMans Classics in the Paddock nailed picture thread.
thesey914
Paul, whats the link for your pictures?

I have posted more pics of the event here

Got up very close to this 917....also the M1's were incredible to watch

IPB Image

IPB Image
URY914
James,

go here, than down to post #100 is were they start.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...=51859&st=0

URY914
Here is another with several hundred pics...

http://club9xx.free.fr/lmc2006/page_01.htm
johannes
Nice pics ! thank you for the link ! ... piratenanner.gif

BTW I love this one

IPB Image
Jake Raby
Whoever took this picture HAD to be sitting in grandstand 34 directly in front of Beth and I!!! I have video of this car in the pits at near the exact same location on pit road!

Small world...

IPB Image

My 2 laps of the circuit in a 911S were awesome.. Got up to about 130 at the end of the Mulsanne and hung the tail out through the esses all the way..
URY914
Jake,

I read on STF that your car didn't get to run. Give us some details.

Paul
Jake Raby
Ran out of time...

The owner of the car had too many things going on to ever get the car to the track in the way it deserves (tons of loose ends and no miles before a 400 mile trip into France from the UK)

The first time they took the car out (testing a week before the event) the 257HP engine devoured 4th gear in the 901 box, but that was only because the gear was not adjusted correctly from the builder..

It was a big disappointment, but I know bettter than anyone that if a car isn't 110% ready for an event it doesn't belong anywhere but in the garage..

When a car has been 100% coachbuilt right down to the emergency brake assembly and it's aluminum body "Bugs" should be expected..

The engine runs fantastic and thats all I'm responsible for :-)

Back behind the curtain now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.