Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will a Type3 VW motor work in a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ratt
The motor that is in my teener is in need of some work, But I have NO Money. I have a line on a free type3 2.0 motor. will it fit in the 914 or Is the bolt pattern differant? I really need to get one car running. My Bug needs a rebuild, and so does the porsche.
Thanks for any information
Andy Rattley
URY914
Any engine will fit ina 914, but it is not a bolt in.
It will more work than its worth.
Don't try it.

Paul
rhodyguy
if it's a type 3 2.0 its not a stock engine. 1500 or 1600cc. adapt it for the bug. much easier. go to shoptalk forums and ask the questions regarding what you need to do. tin wise, cooling fan change,etc.

kevin
Ratt
Thanks for the info Guys. I guess the 914 is going to be sitting for a while. I wish I could get it in the garage!
Andy Rattley
Mark Henry
The T3 engine is the same as a T1 bug engine, different fan set-up. Wrong flywheel and you can't swap them, wrong bolt pattern.

You say it's a 2L which means it's modified OR some one stuck in a T4 engine. A T4 bus engine will bolt in but what do you do about carbs/FI?
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Ratt @ Oct 12 2003, 06:34 PM)
. I wish I could get it in the garage!
Andy Rattley

At least throw a tarp over it ninja.gif
Ratt
Im going to go find a tarp tomorrow. I dont want the pan to look like the one in my 73 bug.
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.