Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ate Ali S calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dinomium
I found in my parts stash two bigger than normal calipers, but when I picked them up they ver very light! A magnet wouldn't stick to em either.
So I am thinking I may have found some unitanium. I don't have any pix as I have been loading up for the swap meet tomorrow am. I have to go grab about 4 hours sleep! UHHHhhg!

So my question is how much are they worth? They do need a rebuild, but a new pair are what? 5400? Concourse ethuisitst, this may be you luckie day!
biggrin.gif (I guess that last part should be over on that other board!) ((I cant spell over there either!)
Thanks guys!
driving.gif
sixnotfour
depends on how corroded they are internally. which no one knows unless they apart ,so assuming they are ok, oh , just give em to me.
sorry I was no help what so ever.....
dinomium
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jul 15 2006, 01:36 AM) *

depends on how corroded they are internally. which no one knows unless they apart ,so assuming they are ok, oh , just give em to me.
sorry I was no help what so ever.....

oh, Jeff, when are you any help? HA! givemebeer.gif
sixnotfour
My mom says the same thing , she lives a ferry boat ride away too,HA!
drew365
I have a used set also. I don't know what they are worth, but they don't seem to be in high demand, and I'm sure the price of a new set is based upon the fact that they sell very few.
Aaron Cox
arent new pistons for em, like a few hundred bucks?
J P Stein
I paid 400 for a very nice set several years ago.
200 for new SS pistons last winter.....they are light.
Bleeding them is a bitch.
For anything but an all out hi-HP racecar they are all one needs.
SLITS
$200 and up for a pair cores.
sixnotfour
Dino sold em for 200.00
dinomium
I did, so thank you very much! Too bad you didn't show up at wingdome, Jeff I would have let you buy me a beer!
biggrin.gif
dinomium
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jul 15 2006, 11:32 PM) *

300 bucks to a friend. 400 to an enemy.

Look to make sure that there isn't any cracking down the middle, between the two sides, from the pistons splitting the caliper.

Oh. And it's "unobtanium." As in unobtainable. The S calipers are 6160. Not real unobtainium (which is where Porsche won't tell you what it is and the part is too expensive to find out for yourself.)

well since they have been in back of my parts car for the last few years, I think that 2 bills is just fine!
AS FOR THE DICTION LESSON
Thanks, but did you know that Unobtanium is MADE UP WORD! Gawd you are an annoying know it all sometimes ya know!
Rand

Oh. And it's "unobtanium." As in unobtainable. The S calipers are 6160. Not real unobtainium......

Dang Alpha... I thought you were on the cutting edge of young machinist technology. And yet you diss "unitanium" and try to correct it as "unobtanium."

My my my...... Seems as though you are slippling! As it turns out, unitanium is the new unobtanium.

Read up on the latest journal and get back to us with some prototypes!
dinomium
QUOTE(Rand @ Jul 15 2006, 11:44 PM) *

Oh. And it's "unobtanium." As in unobtainable. The S calipers are 6160. Not real unobtainium......

Dang Alpha... I thought you were on the cutting edge of young machinist technology. And yet you diss "unitanium" and try to correct it as "unobtanium."

My my my...... Seems as though you are slippling! As it turns out, unitanium is the new unobtanium.

Read up on the latest journal and get back to us with some prototypes!

Now that was a PITHY retort, sir!
dinomium
soft UNOBTAINIUM® earsocks that is from the Oakley site,
quick Alfy get over there and let them know that foam rubber is widely availible AND you can buy replacements
I coined a word just for you
Douchenhiemer Noun, Verb or Adjective 1) the combination of a know it all that also has his head up his ass 2) Failed smart ass also with head up his own ass, sarcasticly 3)The act of adding ones opinion or correcting somebody needlessly in a desperate attempt to impress or seem smarter, while having your head up you ass. 4)being such a tool that people have to make up words to make fun of you.
Rand
Pithy retort? Is that sorta like a spiffy torte? Well, I'd rather have a frontal labotomy than a bottle in front of me.

Hey now, I like Alpha. I'm just encouraging the furtherment of technology here.

Pith pthtsf piffphtft. drunk.gif

Come on Alph, back me up before Troy joins in.
dinomium
luckly for us all, it looked like Troy had a real live GIRL to play with tonight when I left him at the Good Guys car show early tonight.
No late nite grinding of that kind in the parking lot tonight!
dinomium
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jul 16 2006, 12:54 AM) *

I don't care. Oakley thought that unobtanium sounded cool. Dino didn't actually know what was going on. He, like some idiot at Oakley, just heard someone say it and decided to use it first chance he gets. The S calipers ARE 6160. Since the material IS verifiable, then it is NOT unobtainium. Al Lager has a set of 917 center lug nuts. The material is an aluminum alloy. Each nut is worth far excess of 2000$. THAT is unobtainium. Only Porsche knows EXACTLY what it is. Porsche WONT tell. And nobody will EVER know for sure because the cost is FAR too great to ever find out.

go into a round room and stand in the corner. pissoff.gif And while we are at it, little boy, how many sets of 911 S calipers have you owned and sold? Yeah that is what I thought.
The lexicon of my posts are non of your concern. I only respond to you as to amuse myself.
You are a clown sent here for my own enjoyment so dance monkey. Make with the next gem of your homespun wisdom.
dinomium
that is YOURS and not a customers? and it is made by an engineer not some bonehead that runs a lathe all day?
dinomium
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jul 16 2006, 01:16 AM) *

They're mine. My design. My program. And I'm a millwright. Not lathe.

niffty, so they are worthless then. I though you had something of value to add for a change. Why buck the trend.
I am done with you now.
dead horse.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.