Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a new PPG windshield . . .
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marlow
Some of the recent threads mentioned some of the parts that are NLA or getting hard to find so I started looking at windshield prices. I did some calling locally and a few glass shops couldn't find one. I did manage to find a shop selling a PPG tinted windshield with the tinted band across the top for $230. Everyone else was in the $250 to $300 range.

Went to pick it up and found out they sent me to the wrong address in the wrong city! headbang.gif They knocked $30 off the price so I picked it up for $200! boldblue.gif

It's currently sitting in the Porsche until I can figure out the best way to store it until I need it. Any suggestions?
Mueller
i'd go back to the windshield shop and ask for a box....you know, the same kind that windshield came in smile.gif

store in a vertical position............

good score....
Marlow
Box? sad.gif

The place I picked it up was an install shop only, no warehouse so they didn't have a box, I asked. Mabye I'll try some of the other glass shops locally.
cooltimes
QUOTE(porsche914blue @ Jul 15 2006, 09:15 AM) *

Box? sad.gif

The place I picked it up was an install shop only, no warehouse so they didn't have a box, I asked. Mabye I'll try some of the other glass shops locally.

Get a couple of pieces of large styrofoam down at Loew's or Home Depot and use duct tape to bind the glass in between styrofoam. Attics are always a nice place to keep glass or other 914 parts until you need them. Hot or cold never hurt any of mine I kept up there for years.

MikeCool
Jackson TN
Andyrew
I bought one last year... It cracked when someone hit it....

Get a box... dont let it fall.

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.