Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help identify fiberglass mfgr.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I'm trying to find a replacement fiberglass piece for the front. Anyone know who made this kit? I seem to remember that someone in Lake Oswego was making these, I have a guy that could repair it but to do it right would probably cost more than the part, so I'm trying to find the mfgr.
Thanks
Mikey914
This would help
Linkhttp:

//www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=56110
morph
premier porsche no longer in business.(that i know of)
the molds had alot negatives built into them and where reworked in the mid 90s by a company i used to work for, but i havent spoke to the tooling director for along time. he had the owners name & adress i would have to dig up a few old co workers to find them.i can custom make one for with the old pieces as a reference. pm me if your intrested
james
Mikey914
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Jul 15 2006, 12:11 PM) *

premier porsche no longer in business.(that i know of)
the molds had alot negatives built into them and where reworked in the mid 90s by a company i used to work for, but i havent spoke to the tooling director for along time. he had the owners name & adress i would have to dig up a few old co workers to find them.i can custom make one for with the old pieces as a reference. pm me if your intrested
james

Might need to do that. I've got to get the opinion of my fiberglass guy as to which way he thinks we should go.

What were the specifics on the negatives you mentioned?

Any info would be apreciated.
morph
by negatives i ment that the molds did not have enough"slip" or positive taper to remove the parts from the mold correctly.that was all corrected
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.