Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Found
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KenH
So I thought I would see what I could turn-up by posting a want ad on Cragslist for a 914-6.

I guy responds and says he has a friend that is the original owner of a 914-6 and wants to sell it.

So I say "sure he does".

Well it turns out to be real.

1970 914-6 purchased in San Jose in 1971 and he is the original owner. The car has always been garaged with zero rust. It has had a couple of paint jobs. The current color is not quite factory.
Original interior, no dash cracks, no wrecks.
There is a 2.7 motor in it now, BUT he had the original 2.0 which came with it.

Ken

KenH
A few mor pics.
KenH
lapuwali
Did you buy it? Excellent score, if so.

Do yourself a big favor and redo the engine bay wiring harness. Wire nuts in a car are a bad sign...
carreraguy
NICE!!! Looks like a great car!

Looks kinda like my car! Is that Olympic Blue?
KenH
I now own it.

The 2.7 will come out and the restored 2.0 will go back in. Plan to return the car to as stock as possble.

Ken
Joe Bob
How much did ya have to give?
KenH
The price - Thats sort of between me and the seller, but it was a fair market price.

More than a "project car" - less than if it was Ebay. However I could make a profit if I sold it to Brad.

Ken
Joe Bob
At least tell us if it was more or less than 20K? PM me if you want....
KenH
Less than $20K.

Ken
KenH
The original color was Arctic Blue - the PO was not sure what this color is called. He liked this blue better than the the factory color - ???

Ken
Joe Bob
QUOTE(KenH @ Jul 15 2006, 03:25 PM) *

Less than $20K.

Ken

Gud.... mueba.gif
tod914
sharp 6, nice find
DanT
Nice new toy Ken clap56.gif
Michael N
I saw the post on craigslist and said to myself "ya right , there is no way he'll find a reasonably priced /6 that way". Now I am saying, "YEA, RIGHT ON WAY TO SCORE". clap56.gif

Nice find.
Gustl
sounds like a really cool deal clap56.gif thumb3d.gif

would you mind telling me the VIN - just for my records
you can also PM me if you don't want to go public wink.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
TonyAKAVW
VERY NICE FIND!!

I have to ask.. In the picture of the 2.0 there is a piece of HP test equipment sitting on the floor with a towel over the front. Was this in your garage? I'm just curious what it is, as I have a number of boat anchors myself.

-Tony
markb
If you soak those foglight surrounds in Simple Green for a couple of days, that black paint will come right off & you can see what the chrome looks like.
Nice find! I may try that myself when I start looking for mine.
KenH
QUOTE(Gustl @ Jul 16 2006, 01:07 AM) *

sounds like a really cool deal clap56.gif thumb3d.gif

would you mind telling me the VIN - just for my records
you can also PM me if you don't want to go public wink.gif

wavey.gif Gustl

No problem - 9140432229

Ken
KenH
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Jul 16 2006, 01:24 AM) *

VERY NICE FIND!!

I have to ask.. In the picture of the 2.0 there is a piece of HP test equipment sitting on the floor with a towel over the front. Was this in your garage? I'm just curious what it is, as I have a number of boat anchors myself.

-Tony

It is a 141T spectrum analyzer - Looking for an HP 8660 with the plug-ins if you have one. Also need a 346 Noise Source for the 8970A. Just thought I would ask.

Ken
KenH
QUOTE(markb @ Jul 16 2006, 05:52 AM) *

If you soak those foglight surrounds in Simple Green for a couple of days, that black paint will come right off & you can see what the chrome looks like.
Nice find! I may try that myself when I start looking for mine.

Thanks for the advice.

Ken
Trekkor
I knew you'd find your SIX clap56.gif

Are you going to put the 2.7 into your track car? I would. naughty.gif

KT
bernbomb914
is the trailer for sale also/ It is what I am looking for.

Bernie
grantsfo
Great score!
Rusty
Whatcha doin with the 2.7? :-)
KenH
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 16 2006, 09:31 PM) *

I knew you'd find your SIX clap56.gif

Are you going to put the 2.7 into your track car? I would. naughty.gif

KT

Nope - probably going to sell the track car.

Ken
KenH
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:55 PM) *

is the trailer for sale also/ It is what I am looking for.

Bernie

Trailer not for sale - by the way, that was another Craiglist find.

Ken
Brad Roberts
Nice Score!

I have alwyas liked that color!

I actually havent been looking for my friend. I know of 5 cars right now that are not "officially" for sale, but the owners have hinted at selling them.

Ken,

If I have anyone looking for a good 2.0 car I'll point them your way when you are ready.

B
KenH
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Jul 16 2006, 10:32 PM) *

Whatcha doin with the 2.7? :-)

It will probably get sold. Not sure when as I need to get the 2.0 in running condition.

Ken
nine14cats
Ken,

Are you getting out of track racing altogether? Or are you going to use the -6 for the track?

Bill P.
KenH
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 16 2006, 10:54 PM) *

Nice Score!

I have alwyas liked that color!

I actually havent been looking for my friend. I know of 5 cars right now that are not "officially" for sale, but the owners have hinted at selling them.

Ken,

If I have anyone looking for a good 2.0 car I'll point them your way when you are ready.

B

I will know more about what I am going to do with the race car in September.

Ken
Rusty
It will probably get sold. Not sure when as I need to get the 2.0 in running condition.

Keep me posted... smile.gif
KenH
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Jul 16 2006, 11:00 PM) *

Ken,

Are you getting out of track racing altogether? Or are you going to use the -6 for the track?

Bill P.

Right now that my current thinking. May be time to do somthing else.

Ken
davep
thanks for the VIN, could you also provide the chassis # from the rear trunk floor, and the original paint code please. PM is fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.