Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Happy Thanksgiving day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Happy Thanksgiving

May the turkey not put you to sleep too fast chowtime.gif
Mark Henry
I'm just awakening from a turkey induced coma!

This is the Canadian thanksgiving long weekend. Everyone has today off, except me of course.
GWN7
And me....at work now. The boy had 2 turkey dinners yesterday (his gf's & a buddy's place). He's trying for 3 today. I guesss the line "my dads working" along with the hungry stare. elicits compassion along with the food offers.

I'm deepfrying a bird later this week to get mine.
Lotus914
Beautiful day here in T.O. Drove the 914 to the outlaws last night for dinner, lid off, clear crips fall evening. My 6 year old son counting the geese we saw and clearly heard flying low overhead as we bonbed down Hwy 407. Let my sixteen yer old nephew drive the flared snarly yellow 914 around - made his night. Glassing the Europa today, kids playing outside in the warmth. Big hunk o prime rib sitting in the fridge, and my Chinese-Jamaican wife can make Yorkshire pudding as well as my Grandmother did. Taking a week's vacation next week.
Lots to be thankful for!

Dave smilie_pokal.gif
aufaber
What?
Lotus914
Perhaps we should clarify - we're from Luxembourg, and we celebrate our Thankgsgiving on the anniversary of the conception of our national hero King Antoni the Wise in 1654. His father, King Alex the Impotent is a lesser known national hero (and is the real inventor of the Waffle, despite what the Belgians - who never invented anything- claim). King Alex (or perhaps Queen Patricia ;-)) proclaimed the holiday himself, for obvious reasons.

Dave
Mark Henry
Hey, I got it!

What no waffles in LA LA land?

Mmmm... Yorkshire pudding...

Dave you’re just screwing them up with the history lesson, to them the world was just created in 1776.

(It's a joke, don't mean to offend)
GWN7
For the inquiring mindsThansgiving dates

The dates were changed over the yrs to give Thanks for many reasons. From January to December.
VegasRacer
MOO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.