Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Support for Trekkor.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I agree that Trek should not be running cone-seat nuts on his car, but to have the thread closed by the tool is absolute crap.

Racism aside, leave controversies open.
lapuwali
agree.gif

I think Mikey's getting a little too fond of closing threads. There weren't any really serious personal attacks going on, and Trek was holding his own.

racerx9146
Yup i agree, why was the thread closed? seem like as soon as some folks stuck up for Trekkor they locked it.
Joe Bob
Nobody likes the cop....it was getting to the point where the issue was discussed to death....open another one if ya wants.....
Series9
Come on, fuck with me.

1. I'm using the same PMS engine mount as Trek.
2. I'm setting up a rear cooler on a 3.2 on the MW build.
3. I have NO tin between the 3.6 and the car.
4. I've seen his throttle arrangement. It works.

Blah, blah, blah.

He's right. He a doer. Get up from your computer and engineer something yourself.

DanT
Why can't ideas be exchanged in a friendly manner? confused24.gif

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean that we have to resort to name calling and other juvenile behavior.

Maybe some of our members like to play "Devil's Advocate" to spur ideas and discussions....seems to work whether it is done by accident or on purpose, doesn't it?

Agree to disagree and move on....

Point out the discrepancies in a informative way and then see where it takes you...

Folks bashed me about my oil cooler and my use of screw in studs.....OK that is fine if you have a difference of opinion...

OH and my car is toooooo low... smile.gif dry.gif

It does not necessarily make it good or bad, safe or unsafe, just a different way of doing something.

I agree that the use of cone lugs on a ball seat or other type seat wheel is not the propper thing to do....but cant we all just get along.

And I thought the reason this site exists is our collective apprecitation for these little Porsches and wanting to share our thoughts, ideas and experiences.

There, I said it. smile.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 15 2006, 03:56 PM) *

Come on, fuck with me.

Blah, blah, blah.

He's right. He a doer. Get up from your computer and engineer something yourself.

Let's see....

1)....dumb..PMS mounts are shit, not to mention the seller is a dick....not MY exclusive opinion...because I've never owned one due others problems....Steve Iverson for one...
2)....that's cool, I did it too....
3)....so did I in three instances....
4).... me too.....

So we're 75% in agreement.

Oh and BTW.....I have built, run, sold and abused quite few 914 rides as documented over the last 15 years of the internet. I have opinions that have run the gauntlet of ...you CAN'T do that...who do you think termed the phrase "you can't turbo a 914" (tounge in cheek) because I already HAD done it.....I've slowed down on building cars over the years becuase my kids are getting older and I added over 2,000 square feet onto my home.....

He asked for opinions....he got them and he didn't like them. So move along.......
lapuwali

Come on, fuck with me.

Blah, blah, blah.

No tin at all? Hmm. It doesn't save a lot of cash (FG "tin" is only about $200), but it would make general servicing a little easier. Not even the bit at the rear?
Series9
QUOTE(lapuwali @ Jul 15 2006, 05:01 PM) *

Come on, fuck with me.

Blah, blah, blah.

No tin at all? Hmm. It doesn't save a lot of cash (FG "tin" is only about $200), but it would make general servicing a little easier. Not even the bit at the rear?

Absolutely none. None on the engine and the stuff on the car has been removed.

My oil temps on the the 3.6 run around 200.

I'm tired of people sitting back and criticizing others' efforts when all they do is sit at a computer terminal and criticize.

Get off your collectvie ass and make something worth criticizing.
Series9
So, to clarify, the engine has its tin. There's no tin from the engine to the car.
Howard
IMO Mike closed it because it turned into a 'bash trekkor' thread.

And yes, everyone is entitled to MY opinion poke.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 15 2006, 03:35 PM) *

I agree that Trek should not be running cone-seat nuts on his car, but to have the thread closed by the tool is absolute crap.

Racism aside, leave controversies open.

agree.gif biggrin.gif

Joe Bob
I reopened the thread....play nice and refrain from bashing the Trekster and it will remain open....

This forum is for open discussion of opinions within the rules....when it crosses the line it gets closed.

Would you rather some anonymous admin come in close it?

I closed it under MY login name (given to me by Series 9) and stated my reasons....as adults (most of you) you should respect that....
SLITS
And you set a sterling example for the rest of us...............
Joe Bob
I try.....

Oh and....BITE ME.....happy?
Trekkor
Thanks, Joe.

made my day clap56.gif

My opinion may not always be popular, but it is mine.

KT

96conv
I don't know crap about cone seat nuts or otherwise. But what I do know is that it's juvenile and counterproductive to resort to name calling when you don't agree with what a poster said. Plus, Trek's one of the nicer 914 guys I know. He's just a little nuts with all the track days he's signed up for this year. I'm a little green with envy, Trek. bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.