Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the Club SIte is Crashing my browser..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cbenitah
when I view threads it shuts down.. anyone else have this problem??
mstein95
Yup, me too. Have an Apple household and Safari crashes after navigating through the site. Not sure why - a particular smily or avatar I'm guessing.
WTF.gif owned.gif

Started bringing home the work laptop and visiting the site with Explorer. No problems.

Admins, any thoughts????
nebreitling
it crashes on my other (older) powerbook. 10.3

never crashes my new book running 10.4.6 running Safari 2.0.3 (417.9.2)
3liter914-6
QUOTE(mstein95 @ Jul 15 2006, 10:48 PM) *

Started bringing home the work laptop and visiting the site with Explorer. No problems.

I can't help getting it to work in Safari, but there's no need to lug your work lappy home. The site works fine in Firefox under 10.4.6--bonus is that pages seem to load a touch faster in Firefox. Not a solution, but it'll get you your club fix with minimal hassle.
Brando
The fix: Don't use safari.

It's a problem with how safari either renders CSS/DHTML or processes javascript.
Gint
I use Firefox on my Intel MacBook running 10.4.7 No issues.
McMark
Crashes my 2.0.4 Safari on 10.4.7. I don't much care for Firefox. It only crashes sometimes.
Rand
I run Windoze with IE. No problems.

Now therz a switch. laugh.gif
KELTY360
Yeah, Safari 2.0.4 on G4Powerbook 10.4.7. Seems to happen when changing threads. PITA
sad.gif
highways
No problems here... Safari 2.0.4 and powerbook g4 OSX 10.4.7... infact my computer never crashes (running to knock on nearest wood...) I just keep it clean.
highways
If my computer ever starts acting funky (it did two months ago) I just back up everything and re-install the OS. Keeps it fresh and fast burnout.gif
Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 15 2006, 09:59 PM) *

Alright... I'm curious now. I've only had this Macbook for a couple of months and still haven't totally migrated to it. I really got used to Firefox before this MacBook purchase, so I automatically loaded it up the Mac. As such, I don't use safari too much although it is still the default browser.

Long story short, I'm going to try Safari(v 2.0.4) to view 914club this morning and see how it works out. I'll report back.
Gint
QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 16 2006, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Jul 15 2006, 09:59 PM) *

Alright... I'm curious now. I've only had this Macbook for a couple of months and still haven't totally migrated to it. I really got used to Firefox before this MacBook purchase, so I automatically loaded it up the Mac. As such, I don't use safari too much although it is still the default browser.

Long story short, I'm going to try Safari(v 2.0.4) to view 914club this morning and see how it works out. I'll report back.

That didn't take long. Firefox blows Safari away. Not very scientific or anything, YMMV, etc... but side by side testing had Firefox loading 70% of web pages, both 914world.com and others, 50% faster.

If you're on a Mac, try it yourself.
KELTY360
Downloaded firefox this AM. No problems yet and seems to load a little faster. looks like I'll have to get used to a new browser.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.