Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 050 distributor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
I juts acquired a 050 dist - pn in topic description.

I am installing a single progressive carb on my 1.8 to simplify things - primarily so I can get moving on my second 914 which wll get a subaru engine - but I can't start that project until I can drive my main 914 out of my garage space to work on my conversion project.

Anyway - will an 050 distributor be any better than the stock 1.8 distributor?

Jim
Gint
Better? I dunno, but I wouldn't think the advance curve would be as good. But I don't have the specs to back that up. IMHO I would use the stock 1.8 unit.
eg914
My car has the single progressive carb and a 1.8L distributor. Works as good as can be expected for the single carb (it is very sensitive to ambient temperatures). The vacuum advance is fine with the progressive.
jimkelly
thanks guys - similar views as I have received before - juts figured that the 009 and 050 without vaccum advance were made for a reason - either way - I will use stock 1.8 dist : )
alpha434
The stock 1.8 dizzy IS 050. Or that's what my car has stock.
jimkelly
I've heard that there is more than one version of the 050 - does yours have vaccum advance ??

But I only see one 050 on the pelican website ...

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca..._pg3.htm#item14

Jim
Joe Bob
050s are no longer available....of the two, the stock 1.8 is better.....

050 is sought after by the 356 crowd. The 009 is mostly made in Brazil and was originally designed for the staitionary industrial motor. Not the best advance curve.
Gint
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Jul 16 2006, 12:24 AM) *

The stock 1.8 dizzy IS 050. Or that's what my car has stock.

No it's not. It has 050 in the part number, but it's not the same part nnumber. Look at the entire part number for a "050" and a stock 1.8 dizzy (the one with 050 in the part number) and you'll see that they're not the same part number.
SLITS
All Bosch dizzy numbers start with 0 (0 XXX XXX XXX) with the exception of "aftermarket Non-OEM" which will start with a 9. The 9 indicates it was never fitted to an OEM automobile application and therefore is an "aftermarket" item.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.