Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flashing brake light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
For some reason the brake indicator light just keeps flashing when the motor is running. I have the E brake all the way to the floor so the switch is being pushed in. I even pushed the switch with a screw driver to make sure it was being pushed in all the way. Still flashes. Another thing I noticed is the reservoir is pushing up brake fluid up past the cap and it is puddling around the cap. Any thoughts? Eddy
a '71 1.7
i'm having the same problem, except mine stopped flashing and just clicks now.
ejm
try pressing the reset button on the side of the master cylinder to shut off the light...if the reservoir is filled to the top it will over flow when the fluid gets hot and expands..
swl
Once you have confirmed that all is well with the MC try looking for a break in the brown/yellow wire that feeds the brake light switch. Check for a pinch around the seat mounting hardware.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(smooth_eddy @ Jul 15 2006, 07:06 PM) *

For some reason the brake indicator light just keeps flashing when the motor is running.

Another thing I noticed is the reservoir is pushing up brake fluid up past the cap and it is puddling around the cap. Any thoughts? Eddy

Usually, the flashing red light means you've lost pressure at one time. It's a neat warning feature that was built in. Do what Ed says and swl also...

How do your brakes feel? are they hard or spongy. If they are spongy you may have some air getting in the lines which could cause the fluid to overflow. Someone with more knowledge may need to correct me bye1.gif

.....b
smooth_eddy
The brakes feel fine. I looked behind the brake pedal for the reset, but did not find it. Where is the reset? Eddy
smooth_eddy
I climbed under the car and found a brown wire that attaches to the switch had fallen off the terminal. Plugged it back in and all is well. I pushed the reset just in case??? All is well. Eddy beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.