Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Lord I am afraid of my car!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
turboman808
I keep trying to push the car and see what it's limits are. Hate to say it but I don't think I have even come close.

Took route 21 from newark to interstate 80. I was taking corners at somewhere in the area of 120mph. Nice little signs saying 40mph around many of them.

Haven't even put the splitter or rear spoiler on yet ohmy.gif

Think I best get to the track soon.
Joe Bob
Yes please do....if you were in CA...I would quote the famous James Dean flubbed commercial...."The life you save might be mine...." piratenanner.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Tool of the Man @ Jul 16 2006, 05:58 AM) *

Yes please do....if you were in CA...I would quote the famous James Dean flubbed commercial...."The life you save might be mine...." piratenanner.gif

.......and if you don't save his life you could save the life of the car alfred.gif get to the track to test its limits. How do I know?? cuz I did what you're doing and scared the shit outta mah self... twice! pinch.gif Won't happen a 3rd time tho. I set the car on a curb the 2nd time. $2500 damage to the suspension.

Save yerself & the car. GO AUTO CROSSING & have the most fun you can have in 2nd gear!!! beerchug.gif

.....b
VaccaRabite
Get thee to a track. Loosing it on the highway won't just cost you your car. It might kill some innocent passer by. And (if you lived) that would cost you everyhting that you owned. Its not worth it man.

Zach
alpha434
He's old enough to make his own mistakes.

So does the car windshield have the eyes printed on there, or are they removable. Because I like the eyes. Or is is photoshopped? :>_>:
Brad Roberts
Can we get a full size verion of that pic for the front page of the site?

Save for the track. I test cars on a clover leaf near the shop, but I dont need 100mph to test them.

B
turboman808
well I try to think ratoinaly. I certainly don't drive like that around other cars. Also wouldn't do it with others in the car.

This is the largest picture I have. Also my civic biggrin.gif

Sparky
See I told you to get on it! I've had it up slightly higher then that (don't tell Dave!) when "babysitting" the car. Dave and I had a lot of fun building and tweaking her, she can take it, but save it for the track. Don't bother playing in a parking lot and doing the auto-x thing, take her to a track and run her. She likes that!!

Nate seriously, be safe, it can get away from you quickly.

My best,
Mike D.
turboman808
QUOTE(Sparky @ Jul 16 2006, 02:36 PM) *

Nate seriously, be safe, it can get away from you quickly.

My best,
Mike D.

Thanks

I try to be somewhat sensible. Not completely. If I was completely sensible I wouldn't even have bought this car biggrin.gif

I know when things are getting to dangerous.
Andyrew
When do you get slicks?

hehehe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.