Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REAR QUARTER PANELS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
will
My rear quarter panels appear to be made out of fiberglass. who makes these? were the original panels made of steel? does that mean my car has been wrecked in the past?
thanks,
will biggrin.gif
blabla914
The original quarter was steel. You can get glass quarters from a variety of people in stock or flared varieties. Tweeks has glass quarters that look stock and renspeed has flared ones. They are a PITA to fit and often need quite a bit of work due to warping. At least mine did. It's unlikely some one cut the original quarter off and replaced with glass just to save the 5-10 pounds (per quarter and it's closer to 5 than it is to ten) it saves.

Kelly
msglaigaie
I have a pair of rear 1/4s in fiberglass that I bought from Daytona Racing in Florida. The label inside says "GT RACING". The flares will accept a 12" tire. I can show you a pic of them laying on my garage floor if I can figure out how to post it. MUCH lighter than steel (original issue on my '74) Lighter is faster. I was always leery of attaching glass flares to steel fenders and steel flares are too heavy and too amny bucks. MSG L
Bartlett 914
I just measured a rear steel quarter panel. 15 lbs. Pretty light if you ask me. How much does a fiberglass weigh. I would guess about 10.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.