Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Window Felt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Anyone have a source for these items? Also how do you remove the aluminum mount (that holds the window scapers and the outer felt) from the outer door skin?
TINCAN914
QUOTE(solex @ Jul 16 2006, 12:19 PM) *

Anyone have a source for these items? Also how do you remove the aluminum mount (that holds the window scapers and the outer felt) from the outer door skin?

Got mine from Pelican... Not sure how to remove the aluminum, you dont' need to in order to install.
On the felt, just take a small screwdriiver, and pry the end up and lift. When installing, push edge down and push so the edges lock in place as you work yourway down. On the scrapers, (squeegee) material, there is a small channel in the material, tthat locks in the aluminum track. When I installed mine, I used a little hair spray. It acts as a lubricant when sprayed, and when it dries, it acts as an adhesive. Spray the channel starting from the back of the car, slowly pulling foward, and pushing down, to make sure it locks in the channel. I make it sound harder to install then it is, believe me...
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(solex @ Jul 16 2006, 01:19 PM) *

If I am not spacing, there are IIRC three little screws that you remove than slide

the piece down off the lip created by a break (90 degrees) in the door skin.
solex
QUOTE(bmunday @ Jul 16 2006, 04:29 PM) *

QUOTE(solex @ Jul 16 2006, 12:19 PM) *

Got mine from Pelican... Not sure how to remove the aluminum, you dont' need to in order to install.

I need to remove the aluminum because I just replaced my damaged door with an NOS door can't wait to see it painted smile.gif
solex
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Jul 16 2006, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(solex @ Jul 16 2006, 01:19 PM) *

If I am not spacing, there are IIRC three little screws that you remove than slide

the piece down off the lip created by a break (90 degrees) in the door skin.

Excellent, I will remove the felt and look for the screws. Thanks
solex
I found the three screws and am in the process of removing them and the aluminum mount from it's clutch-hold on the door.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.