Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: deep cleansing breath...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
OK, so i got the dog ear welded back on... ugly but solid.

put the stub pipe back on. seated nicely (i thought)...

snugged up the nuts (on the exhaust studs. the twins were all nicely arranged thank you)...

put everything back together and fired that sucker up....

ppffffftppptptppffffptptpfpfpfpffffftttttt...... headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

i have suceeded at every other mechanical project i have done on this car. why in gods name can't i resolve a fuchin' exhaust leak? i know where it is, and i knew the cause. fixed the cause and now it is back... even worse!!!!

i need a beer3.gif

thank you for letting me rant.

confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
did you true up the mating surface of the stubs? did you use new copper port gaskets?

Aaron Cox
also, do the ears on the stubs allow the stub to sit all the way against the head? maybe clearance the top side of the mounting ears just a tad.....

i have heard of people double copper gasketing....
nebreitling
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Jul 16 2006, 03:21 PM) *

also, do the ears on the stubs allow the stub to sit all the way against the head? maybe clearance the top side of the mounting ears just a tad.....

as i mentioned on your last exhaust thread, i've had to do this before.

good luck, sorry to hear the troubles... sad.gif
scottb
clearance is ok... does not hit the head.

going to flip the stub and try a double copper gasket. just frustrating.

you would figure this to be an easy fix. but i have spent more time working on this exhaust leak than i did removing the engine/ trany x2!!!

ah well.....

need to get it done for next sunday and the evil trany transplant session in leesburg!
crash914
Hey, but at least you now have a welder....always a good thing..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.