Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Double 914 sighting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
First 914 spotted traveling west on I94 just east of Madison. all I can tell you about it is it was yellow. Anyone on here?

Second was on a trailer, again on I94, in Waukesha. this one was also yellow, but had numbers (20 or 70) on the side and STS2 (class I guess).

My guess is that both were comming from the Historic races in Elkart lake at Road America..... I SOOOO wish i could have spent the weekend there!

SO if you are members pipe up and say hello!
lotus_65
the numbered one is dave-o (with wbergtho's ride pictured). he's here regularly, and he's a really good guy.
i don't know why it was trailered, i hope it wasn't broken!Click to view attachment
gopack
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Jul 16 2006, 09:05 PM) *

the numbered one is dave-o (with wbergtho's ride pictured). he's here regularly, and he's a really good guy.
i don't know why it was trailered, i hope it wasn't broken!Click to view attachment

That is the one! I hope he was heading home from a successful day of racing!
Bill Shaw
Guess you missed us. Went to Elkhart and hit 114 between corners 10 and 12 during Sunday's "touring" session. Probably could have topped 115 easily, but had to brake early to avoid a couple of 'Vettes stumbling around 12. Kept No. 2 son and his Miata in my mirrors anyway. Ran into a Tangerine 914 around the Indiana-Michigan border and kept company all the way back to Kalamazoo. Great races!
Funfignugen914R
Mark,

There were a lot of 914s at the Kohler International Challenge (KIC) vintage races a couple of weekends ago! A bunch of 914-6s and a couple of 914-4s racing! Always a great weekend to check out the cars!

Didn't have a chance to check out Porsche Park at Road America to see the kinds of Porsches that were driven to the track by Porsche enthusiasts though.

The yellow 914 being driven could have been the car of PCA-Milwaukee Region member?

Funfignugen 914R
Brew City aktion035.gif
GeorgeRud
Other than being way too hot, the Historics were great. Got Brian Redman's autograph and also Burt Levy's latest book (Toly's Ghost) to complete the Last Open Road series. If you haven't read them, you're missing out on a good time and a fun look back at then these cars weren't considered vintage. Seeing the F1 cars and the old Can-Am monsters going around the carosal was worth every penny of admission.

When I stopped by, Porsche Park was pretty deserted, but it's not in a real good location for touring the infield paddock, so I don't think many people bother. Those of us that remember the old Porsche Park on the hill going into the paddock area can't get used to the new areas. For what it's worth, the BMW, Nissan, and other marque parking areas also looked pretty barren (except for Corvette Corral) as well.

If you've never had a chance to get to Road America, try to make the trip someday. I think it has to be the nicest natural road course in North America. If we could only convince Bernie Ecclestone and Tony George to run F1 on a circuit where it was meant to be run!
Brad Roberts
It is awesome seeing people "connect" with others interested in the 914's.

The club was established for this exact reason.

Now all we need is a zip code search function!!

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.