Full Version: Porsche vs. Lotus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Deutsch
Charles Deutsch
Charles Deutsch
Charles Deutsch
Charles Deutsch
mightyohm
What's with the placement of the letters on the engine lid? Weird!

Cool article, thanks!
double-a
the author thinks the 914 looks ungainly? i'd take the teener's appearance over the lotus any day.

interesting article, thanks.
Hi_Fi_Guy
914s in the UK did not come with the P O R S C H E letters so the owner must have added them.

Lotus makes good cars and there are many Lotus cars new and old I am sure I could enjoy. Before anyone reads too much into the above article remember it was from a British magazine. Go pick up a British Car or Motorbike magazine today and see how often the new Lotus Elise or Triumph Daytona take top honors in the comparison test. I am not saying the test are rigged I am merely pointing out there is a lot of national pride in the UK motoring press and the home team seems to come out on top in 8 out of 10 comparison test. So be sure to take it all with a grain of salt.

Just my two cents.
fiid
That is a totally rocking article man, thanks much.

I had no idea the two cars were really so close in specification.

Fiid.
smile.gif
Charles Deutsch
QUOTE(double-a @ Oct 13 2003, 02:01 PM)
the author thinks the 914 looks ungainly? i'd take the teener's appearance over the lotus any day.

laugh.gif I agree with you on that. It just goes to show how different people's perception can be!
serge914
When I bought my first 914 I had to make my choice between it and a Europa. I have to admit my wife and kids realy wanted a convertible....................and there are not that many Europa forums on the web. I still wonder why.
tod914
Europa 0-60 7 sec. thats pretty spunky even by todays standards. I guess you really need to drive it to fully appreciate the car.
Lotus914
Thanks for posting that. BTW, they call the 914 and Lotus equivalent in terms of practicality - that's where their bias really shows, because the diffences are very obvious. Ease of entry and egress is first. Trunk/luggage space is next. The lotus's trunk is like a rubbermaid tub hanging in the engine bay only it is less rugged and less watertight. I can fit a set of golf clubs in the rear trunk of the 914 with the top also stowed there. You can only fit golf clubs in the lotus in the passenger seat, and you'd probably have to wrassle them in and out. I guess the other side of tthe argument is that the tub/trunk box actually lifts out of the lotus, making for teriffic engine access.
Not many Europa forums probably because there was less than 10% as many produced and proportionally fewer Europas than 914s went to the US. The main hangout for Europa guys is the Yahoo newsgroup.

Dave
Aaron Cox
way cool alfred..... smilie_pokal.gif
serge914
So.............Do you own an Europa Dave ?
Lotus914
Bon soir Serge:

Yup. www3.sympatico.ca/dave.syer

My teener is done, my Europa S2 resto is underway.

Have we met? Varac? Hershey with Sabin?

Dave
Lotus914
does this one look better...
Lotus914
Or this one....

The teener is mine, the europa pic came from
http://www.banks-europa.co.uk/cars/47/
tod914
http://www.banks-europa.co.uk/cars/47/

The "GS" body style looks abit bitter. More Merak and Bora like tail.
serge914
No Dave I don't think we ever met. East Coast Ramble ? Are you close to Toronto ?
There use to be a Eastern Canada Lotus Club in Ottawa but their web site seem to be down.
Lotus914
Well,perhaps we will. I'm in Whitby, a l'est de Toronto.
Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.