Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with 40MM Weber adj
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Al Meredith
I have a newly built 2056 from Jake Raby. I have 40MM webers and a Mallory distributor. I need help with the carbs. 200 air, 130 main, 60 idle and 38Mm chokes. WHAT is the proper setting for the air bypass screws? I can't even find the answer in the Weber rebuild book. Thanks Al
Aaron Cox
depends on who you ask..

lots say 100 percent closed...

tomlinson says .5 turns out, so you have room to equalize them all, (close or open adjustment)
Matt Romanowski
You can start with them fully closed or crack them open a bit. You will end up changing them as you adjust the flow for each barrel. I start with them closed and adjust the lower flowing barrel up.

Matt
Trekkor
I'm in the start closed, open the slower pulling barrel crowd.

KT
craig downs
Yep fully closed. The only time you use them is to synchronize the barrels to one another
Joe Ricard
Is that main jet a size recommended by Jake? seems small.
Just for reference I run 140 main with 185 to 200 air correction depending on weather.
with a 53 idle jet. ya got to ream them once you get that close.
Al Meredith
Thanks all, I'll start with the by pass screw closed. Joe, I'm using what Jake recommended. My engine is in a 912E and I think has the more torquey cam hence the #140 main
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.