Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! 914 vacuum problems?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wlj_jr
Ok 74 914 1.8 It has new air flow meter, fuel pressure regulator, pertronix ignitor, bosch blue coil, cap, rotor, plugs, all filters. Right after the service it started up and had a low idle, I gave it some throttle, it delayed but reved up and i could hold it at 4000rpm fine and smooth. I shut it down and tried again, and now it does this: It starts up fine, but the idle is very low, I'm guessing 600rpm, when I step on the gas, it sputters a bit revs to 1500rpm and goes back to about idle, even when the throttle is wide open. I am guessing a vacume problem, but I really don't know. I took the oil filler cap off and the idle shot up to about 1200rpm and was smooth running, but when I opened up the throttle it sputtered and the rpms didn't go up. What do you think the problem is? I would really like your input so I can go have some fun! valve were just adjusted and timing is ok.
KELTY360
I'm not any help on diagnosis, but let me be the first to say.....

welcome.png

Did you buy that green car that was on Craigslist?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.