Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Displacement decals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BKLA
We are making engine displacement decals similar to the originals available from the factory on the 2.2 911 T. The decals will be $8.50 each USD (this is cost from the printer.)

See picture below for engine sizes available.

Shipping (1-6 decals) $2.00 each package (this includes the nice air bubble envelopes) if you order more than 6, I'll split them into two or more packages - add appropriate additional shipping!

paypal only (add 3% to total cost for paypal)
_____

Paypal to

brett_laurila@comcast.net

Make sure to tell me how many decals you want and the displacement.

The decal will be approx. 4.5" tall x 5.5" wide - very similar to the original porsche decal.

Special thanks to "jeroen" for the artwork!!!!! biggrin.gif

As of 07/16/06 - I have recieved enough orders to complete the first run of decals.

echocanyons
I also posted on your other thread but I would like a 2.4 a 3.0 and a 3.2 please.
I can paypal
BKLA
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jul 16 2006, 10:45 PM) *

I also posted on your other thread but I would like a 2.4 a 3.0 and a 3.2 please.
I can paypal

WTF.gif

Read the post, figure the cost (decals + shipping + 3% = amount paypal'd) and send the paypal.

I will close out this first run of decals Wednesday the 19th of July - so that I can ship them out ASAP to those who have paid. So far I have paid orders totaling 28 decals. I am making a few extra of a few of the sizes, but, I will need additional orders totaling a min. of 26 before printing more. (min. order from the printer is 26)
Mugs914
Paypal sent for three 3.0s...

Thanks for doing this Brett!!!
HeloMech
minimum 26?

hm, I know it's been said that this has been handled. So, if you aren't stepping on anyone else's toes, I DO have my own printer and cutters and I don't mind doing singles for club members. I just run my sign shop on the side, out of my home and don't care about minimum orders.

Up to you.. the offer is out there. rocking nana.gif
356rs
QUOTE(BKLA @ Jul 17 2006, 07:40 AM) *

QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jul 16 2006, 10:45 PM) *

I can paypal

WTF.gif

Read the post, figure the cost (decals + shipping + 3% = amount paypal'd) and send the paypal.

I will close out this first run of decals Wednesday the 19th of July - so that I can ship them out ASAP to those who have paid. So far I have paid orders totaling 28 decals. I am making a few extra of a few of the sizes, but, I will need additional orders totaling a min. of 26 before printing more. (min. order from the printer is 26)

Hi Brett,
I would like to order (2) of the 2.5 decals. I am sending you the money via PayPal plus the 3%. Shipping address: Mark Jung, PO Box 277, Seal Rock, OR. 97376.
Thank You
echocanyons

WTF.gif

Brett your other post was ambiguous as to whether you were still taking orders.
I posted there first and cross posted here once I saw this thread. In any case payapl has been sent.
thanks for doing this
fiid
Is there a 4 cylinder one with a turbo on it?

boldblue.gif boldblue.gif chairfall.gif

BKLA
QUOTE(echocanyons @ Jul 17 2006, 10:33 AM) *

WTF.gif

Brett your other post was ambiguous as to whether you were still taking orders.
I posted there first and cross posted here once I saw this thread. In any case payapl has been sent.
thanks for doing this

We're taking orders until Wednesday 12:00 noon pacific time. As of july 17th 10:00 am, I have paid orders for 38 decals.

For those who expressed interest, but haven't ordered, you still have a couple of days!
BKLA
Please no more orders at this time. We ended up having 60 decals this order!!!!

For all who ordered - your decals should go out around July 25th or 26th - pending delivery from the printer!

mueba.gif

If you are looking for another source - PM "Helomech" - he has the ability to do them as well. I used a local source who has done stuff for me in the past.
BKLA
UPDATE

The decal material was not received by the printer until yesterday July 25th (It was backordered from the supplier).

Decals will be shipped once I receive them from the printer - now most likely Friday July 28th. Please allow 5 - 7 business days for delivery. European deliveries will take longer. Please be patient as these are custom decals and are not normally available. We have tried to match the size and material of the original 2.2 decal that was shipping with the early '70's 911 T 2.2.

emails sent to paypal customers.
BKLA
UPDATE

The decals are done. They look fabulous! w00t.gif

They are very similar to the original 911 2.2 decals. As each packet is shipped out, I will send an email to the purchaser letting them know that it has gone out. All orders will go out by Tuesday. Remember, European orders may take longer to arrive!

Just in time for the Portland Porsche Parade!

I think everyone will be very pleased!
brant
Brett,

thanks a ton for doing this
I know it took a bunch of time and effort
thanks again!

Jeroen
Excellent!
Looking forward to them...

Any chance you can post a pic of the stickers?
BKLA
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Jul 31 2006, 08:08 AM) *

Excellent!
Looking forward to them...

Any chance you can post a pic of the stickers?

Here is a side by side with the original 2.2 decal and the new 3.6.

Note that the original is silkscreened printed and our new ones are thermally printed. The thermally printed ones are a little translucent, but look great from the outside. (Just put one on my 2.7 rear window - NOTE use care in installing them the vinyl stretches and sticks!)

Decals are being shipped out today and tomorrow for those who paid by paypal. For those who paid by check - once the check clears they will be shipped.

For those European orders, Please email me your telephone number. I need it for the customs forms. (BIG PITA!)
Jeroen
clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
BKLA
Update!

All ordered decals have gone out except for Jeroen's. (I need to get his Phone number for the customs forms - customs is a PITA for such a small item!)

Here's an image of one on my 6 conversion. From the inside the decal is a little translucent, but from back it looks great.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(BKLA @ Aug 1 2006, 12:06 PM) *
...Note that the original is silkscreened printed and our new ones are thermally printed...

So how will they last in direct sunlight and near heat (engine) sources?
BKLA
One more item....

If anyone wants more decals, contact "tab@s2imaging.com" Tab is a club member (tabs914) and has a blue 1.8.

S2 imaging (his company) did the decals for me and he has a few extra. I think he did ten of each number.

Anyway.....

ENJOY!
BKLA
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Aug 5 2006, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(BKLA @ Aug 1 2006, 12:06 PM) *
...Note that the original is silkscreened printed and our new ones are thermally printed...

So how will they last in direct sunlight and near heat (engine) sources?

Tab (the printer) told me that both the vinyl and ink used is UV resistant. Should last five years. Rear window placement on both the 911 and 914 should be fine... as originally intended.
JPB
Them stickers are cool and wished I had a six in mine. As for us non-Porsche Porsche people can you get us a sticker saying, "Powered by 22HP Cohler." with a flammed head and a nasty mouth full of teeth ?

beer.gif I'd love to pass Mustangs with that sticker!
BKLA
Whoa! deja vue all over again - I was going through one of my flat file drawers, looking for some old automotive artwork I did years ago, and low and behold I found I had made some extra's!

I have the following remaining:

1 - 3.2 pending
2 - 3.6
1 - 2.0 pending
2 - 2.4 pending
1 - 2.5 sold
1 - 3.0 pending

Price is $8.50/ea. plus $2.00 mailed in a rigid bubble wrap envelope.

Not planning to do any more (so don't ask!) I am going to post this at the a$$dragger wink.gif and *club* sites as well.

paypal o.k.

First PM's get priority - then posts - by date and time.

burton73
I would like the 2.5

Thank you,

Bob I will Paypal you

I will look for your address
PeeGreen 914
both 2.4l please
carr914
pm sent.

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.