Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need a good welder I think
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
found some bad stuff today.
Luckily it was offset by the way my suspension looks back on the car!

in my blog.

Also discovered that the zircs included in my rear polybronze kit foul on the body and the suspension braket when installed per the instructions. Their small size thread makes them a perfect condidate for shearing off if the suspension arm is allowed to drop when detached from shock.

I removed the 45degree ones that came with the kit and drilled and tapped for a slightly larger thread (6mm x1) type of zirc purchased from Napa, the style that is just a short stubby fitting. These do not hit the body or bracket through the entire travel of the arm and are still serviceable when installed in the position recommended by Elephant Racing.

works for me at least.
though brad has stated that they may be unneeded.

Also, why not oil impregnated bronze?
seems like an easier solution than zirc fittings.
Brad Roberts
I asked the same question: They call it "bronze phospherous" All you have to do is heat up oil and dip the bronze in it.

Why do you need a welder?

B
brer
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 16 2006, 11:07 PM) *

I asked the same question: They call it "bronze phospherous" All you have to do is heat up oil and dip the bronze in it.

Why do you need a welder?

B

see my blog. biggrin.gif

small hole in the hell hole area allowed water and acid to drain into the long.
upon inspecitn the hellhole i decided to poke around more and poked a 3-4inch hole in my passendger side jacking point.

sooooo, that needs to be fixed along with the holes in the trunk where the taillights leaked.

sad.gif

I'd do it myself, but i got no place to weld.
I cant weld.
I have no welding tools.

Brad Roberts
You need to clean that inner mounting ear off better. It is not looking too good. I would be more worried about that right now than the hell hole.

B
brer
maybe i'll go down tonight and strip the paint and grease off of it.
see how it looks.

Maybe it was cracked from being hit??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.