Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bummer of a 'miss'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dsw 914
I have a 1975 2.0 which runs quite good other than a 'miss' which I see from time to time without a pattern. It seems to happen more on a warm engine than cold. It happens during acceleration, and when I am backing off the throttle. It is stock FI. I can run through the gears and it will be fine, then I do it again, and it will feel like it is about to quit. I have replaced the Throttle switch recently, and it did not help.

headbang.gif
SLITS
Valve tightening up when hot.

High Tension Wire (spark plug wire) breaking down (wait till night, get it hot and see if the wires are arcing to metal, each other, etc or measure resistance with VOM).

Hey, that's all for 5:50 AM
dsw 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 17 2006, 04:52 AM) *

Valve tightening up when hot.

High Tension Wire (spark plug wire) breaking down (wait till night, get it hot and see if the wires are arcing to metal, each other, etc or measure resistance with VOM).

Hey, that's all for 5:50 AM

I will check the wires, but they are new, the valves were adjusted about 100 miles ago, but I will run it down.
SLITS
You could have a spark plug breaking down also....so many things when and engine gets hot.

Also, to make sure you're not setting the valves tight....you could try setting them at 0.007" & 0.009". Loose is better than tight.
dsw 914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 17 2006, 05:03 AM) *

You could have a spark plug breaking down also....so many things when and engine gets hot.

Also, to make sure you're not setting the valves tight....you could try setting them at 0.007" & 0.009". Loose is better than tight.

I also changed the plugs. The miss happens also when cold, but not as much. It almost feels like a fule or ignition thing. The miss might be a short as a quick stutter to as long as 4 or 5 stutters.

Bleyseng
Check for a vacuum leak..... could be running at bit lean.
dsw 914
Any other possibilities?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.