Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Space shuttle is about to land
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Woohoo!

Wonder if I will here the sonic boom this time!

piratenanner.gif
SLITS
You won't "here" it, but you might "hear" it (unless you're deef like me).
Bruce Allert
We had a landing at the Hillboro air show yeaterday. The first time in 19 years of Air Showing a 1950's era jet crashed into a house while trying to leave the show. Did a pass over the crowd then something went haywire. Luckily there was no one hurt in the 3 houses that were destroyed in the crash. The pilot, an attorney from California, stayed with his ship trying to keep it from giong down in the community.

R.I.P. Sir

....b
tdgray
I know to the "kids" around today it is no big deal... but I still love to that thing take off and land.

I still remember the first time we went up on it. Very cool stuff.

Qarl
Twin sonic booms. Rattled the house! blink.gif

Rear wheels landed at 9:14 am. Amazing how they figure that out ahead of time!
tdgray
QUOTE(Qarl @ Jul 17 2006, 09:58 AM) *

Twin sonic booms. Rattled the house! blink.gif

Rear wheels landed at 9:14 am. Amazing how they figure that out ahead of time!

Yea only a rocket scientist could figure that out... oh wait... oh yea they have those biggrin.gif
MBowman325
It used to be the neatest thing, when I was younger (about 10-15 years ago) the Shuttle used to "fly" over the house from time to time after it landed in California, and it'd stop at Sheppard on the way back to Fl.

Used to see some neat stuff fly in and out of there. (B1's, a B52, the shuttle (piggy-back).)

Glad it made it down with no issue. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.