Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All I Want For Christmas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zeppelin71
I'd be really interested in finding a 914 for dummies type 1.5->2 hour video on the 914... does such a thing exist?

I'm getting frustrated with trying to line up the terrible pictures in my Haynes manual with the genuine artifacts - it is so disorienting for me. Having someone go over the engine bay (and the rest of the car as well of course) with a video camera and give an overview of what exactly is happening in each spot would be a godsend. Heck I'd purchase a whole series if it were available... volume III - DJet, or would that be volume III->X - DJet.

I think producing something like this would make an excellent fund raiser for the 914World.com.

cheers,
Markus (73 1.7)
Charles Deutsch
Do you have Brett Johnson's book
The 914 & 914/6 Porsche: A Restorer's Guide to Authenticity ? You can also download the factory manuals from here . Tom Wilson also has an excellent engine rebuild book. The Pelican Parts web site has many excellent tech articles on the 914 and Jake Raby has a Type IV engine rebuild video that you can buy here .
Bleyseng
There aren't really any good books on Djet, just www.members.Rennlist.com/PBAnders site. Really that's all you need, just print it out and you have a better than factory manuel.
Geoff
Rusty
Ya know, Marcus has a pretty good idea.

If I had the resources, I would do a full set of videos. One for each car type would be pretty cool.

Volume 1. The 914 Chassis & How to Buy.
Volume 2. The Early 1.7.
Volume 3. The Late 1.7.
Volume 4. The 1.8.
Volume 5. The Early and Late 2.0.
Volume 6. The Factory 914/6.
Volume 7. Suspension and Shifting.
Volume 8. Prepping for Autocross.

Each video would be 60-90 minutes in length.

Video cassettes are a buck a piece. Total cost to produce and mail, maybe 7 dollars? They could be sold for 20 dollars each, with a heavy plug for 914world.com.

Want to defray production costs? Sell advertising at the beginning & end.

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.