Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Drag Times"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Drag Times

Of course they don't consider conversions such as the "Alien 914" or Richard Fisher's car.....

cooltimes
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jul 17 2006, 06:51 AM) *

Drag Times

Of course they don't consider conversions such as the "Alien 914" or Richard Fisher's car.....

Very biused info. They don't disclose the other PCar models in those same years and to save elite embarrassed moments, the 914/6 either. LOL
BMXerror
HELL YEAH!! I have a 19.2 sec quarter mile waiting for me when I get my car running! burnout.gif boldblue.gif driving.gif driving.gif slap.gif alfred.gif owned.gif
Mark D.
biggrin.gif
Joe Ricard
So I wonder what a 70 car would do with a hopped up 2.0L. That is much lighter too. and a flipped ZD 5th.

Fortunately AX courses don't have straights that are a 1/4 mile long.

and 60MPH is the "recommended" course speed for a stock car.
Guess I'll set my G-tech to drag race mode and see how "that dog hunts"
jhadler
I sincerely doubt that the flipped fifth gear would make any difference as I highly doubt you'd even be getting into fifth before the end of the 1/4 mile... Maybe... But either way, it wouldn't be for long, and the bulk of the acceleration happens in the lower gears anyway..

Don't know. How hopped up is your 2.0L? Any dyno numbers?

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
Duh. that would be a flipped ZD in the 3rd gear spot.
Dyno Schmyno. Acceleration G's is where it's at anyway.
So do you want to take a stab at the numbers?
US piston 86b cam port polish heads Tangerine Mallory dizzy 40 IDF's
I got .8 acceleration out of it dodging cones through top of 2nd gear and 3rd is a real hoot.

Got to find a place to do this where I won't go to jail.
Andyrew
Im guessing mid to high 12's for mine right now...

The 944 turbo does 0-60 in 4.8... with a "couple" mods...

I tested a 13sec 0-60 time with the 2.0... I didnt like that engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.