Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AUTOCROSS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
Autocross on august 13th(Sunday) in Dothan AL. at Hunts Field. Redneck Racer and I are going to be there.We went once earlier this year had a great time,even though it was freezin. Sure would like to see a group of 914`s there.So if your up for it. driving.gif driving-girl.gif Barry
Brad Roberts
Barry,

We will help you try and get some more teeners to your event. From what I gather you have teeners in your area, I just dont know how active they are.

B
72914S
Its put on by WIREGRASS a club out of Dothon Al. but it`s open to the public. We used to have events here in Pensacola Fl. The Porsche club here has not been able to secure a place since "IVAN". So I`m happy to drive the 2 hours to play for a day.
John G
I'm in Birmingham, but that's a long way from Dothan. I might be able to make it. Would be great to hook up with other Teener owners.

Can you PM me the info on the event?

John
Joe Ricard
Well you KNOW I'm in. and so far I have not attended an Autocross that is TOO FAR.
4 hours 1 way baby. Gautier to Dothan.
d914
mine's on casters, we just need a couple of big guys to push..should make for some interesting apexes!!!
Brad Roberts
Looks like you will have some 914 friends to hang out with during the AutoX!

B
72914S
Google WIREGRASS REGION SCCA. All the info there.
rwjames
I haven't autocrossed in a couple of years since I moved to Montgomery, but I would like to get together with other Teeners in the area. I have autocrossed my Miata, Civics, 914, and 944 Turbo in the past, but just don't have the time or energy for it much anymore.

I will try to make it down to Dothan with or without my 914 if possible. Just received my rebuilt rear calipers and plan to get the 914 back on the road after a 3 month hiatus. I just sold a 356 project last week and should have more time to maintain the 914.

If anyone in the area wants to get together for any other events send me a PM.
Joe Ricard
OK we are up to two RUNNING cars now and 1 pusher, and a maybe.
Hey that's 4 in my book.
72914S
Hey Joe we can grill some dogs on my fan housing! make it a BBQ party.
Joe Ricard
Hey ya'll what would make a fan housing heat up to the point of not touchable.
We pulled the fan impellor out and there were no scrape marks anywhere.

So I don't know Barry. Did you get a chance to take it aprt again today?
Must fix front main seal. like some old wise man said last week.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.