Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Brake Caliper Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeff73
I am very new to the 914 and am learing as I go. I've noticed in my searches that some people have swapped the front calipers with the 320i from the early bimmers. I would assume with this I will have to upgrade the master cylinder also. I am currently rebuilding my rear calipers (fun stuff givemebeer.gif ), and I was wondering if doing this swap would be worth my while.
lapuwali

See the Brakes FAQ in the Classic Threads section.
d914
no have eric shea rebuild the full set. (14 brakes for a stocker...find him in the resouce section.
fiid
Nope. Recondition the stuff you have.

Jeff73
I intend on autocrossing the car, so if I keep the original gear, should I still upgrade the master cylinder, or will I be happy after everything is rebuilt?
SLITS
If they are all rebuilt and setup correctly, you will have plenty of braking power.

That said, if you want the "upgrade", you will have to machine about 0.125 off the mounting ears and rebend the steel lines to make the Beemers fit correctly. All you get is a little more swept area (approximatley equal to a 911 "M" caliper as I recall).
Jeff73
Thanks for the help. Guess I'll keep the stock setup and just get it working right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.