Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel pump problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
I can`t get any (3) of my fuel pumps to pump fuel. They run fine but will not pump.I took them apart and cleaned the faces,gear and the 5 pins,they had some crud on the working parts.The only thing that I can see that might be wrong is the plate,which way does the little notch on the space plate? top? bottom? left ? right? Barry confused24.gif
Rusty
Hi Barry,

Have you checked the fuel pump relay?

-Rusty smoke.gif
72914S
all relays are good the pumps are running just not pumping? confused24.gif
seanery
are they backwards?
SirAndy
QUOTE(72914S @ Oct 13 2003, 05:49 PM)
all relays are good the pumps are running just not pumping? confused24.gif

is it FI or carbs?

if you get the hoses wrong on the FI pump, it won't do anything.
they don't suck, just move the fuel. that's why they have to be mounted lower than the tank.

Andy
joea9146
The pumps will also run Backwards if you reverse the negative and positive leads smash.gif
Lotus914
Crud in the tank? Never had mine apart, but I recall reading about some sort of filter sock deal in the tank that can clog. Try pumping fuel from a gas can as a test?

Dave
72914S
did the gas can trick won`t suck fuel. just came in from the shop tested pump by squirting fuel in S port but when I put power to it fuel came out the S port not the D port? has any one had this pump apart ? there is a plate between the pump and the outlet cap and the hole is offset.does anyone know the proper postion for it? it is square but one side has an indent. idea.gif
72914S
By the way this is a D-jet 2.0 type pump
72914S
clap56.gif well I have two working fuel pumps ...it was the pressure valve (you know the the little silver cap thingy) they were stuck closed! a little PB BLASTER and a small screw driver,six years on the shelf is a long time. Now maybe on the road this week end.
Lotus914
Congrats! - and nice melons.
72914S
Well the fuel pump is pushing 60+ psi .got it dialed in at 28 lbs .Now the injecters fail. new ones coming tommrow. SIX years is to long to have left them boxed up. Hope to have "Lil Red" up and running this week-end?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.