Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SPARKY is gone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
This morning I drove sparky up on the transporter to be shipped to San Francisco.

They say not to love anything that can't love you back.

I cried like a baby when the transporter pulled out. sad.gif

I'm going to miss that car!

On a brighter note, last week's AX was the 6th win for this season. Even though there are five more AX's left, we have already won CSP for this year! driving.gif

dennisc
I see another 914 in your future..............
Brad Roberts
Jo,

who bought it?

I promise he will get his legs stretched in the SF area if the person plans to attend events in it.

B
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 17 2006, 06:01 PM) *

Jo,

who bought it?

I promise he will get his legs stretched in the SF area if the person plans to attend events in it.

B

His name is Frank Tingley and is a member of the 914club. I hope he posts his future progress with the car.

He convinced me he would be a good owner when he told me he read every post I've ever made in the garage concerning the car. He is planning on having a nice paint job done, possibly adriatic blue (which is actually the original color of the car).

He doesn't autocross, so I guess Sparky will be "retired" from the AX wars. rolleyes.gif

If he shows up at one of the events you can "critique" the car for him.

But please be gentle. biggrin.gif

Dennis - I think you're right.

ffranktly
hi Joseph and all,, i bought ol Sparky, gonna take terrific care of him. i will try to bring it to the Santa Clara Breakfast. if i can't come, it will be because my hours were changed unexpectedly at work (again). the color issue hasn't been completely resolved yet, but plenty of time to plan all that i want to do. cheers to you Joseph, and like i said, when i move to N.C. in a few years, i will drive Sparky to OKC for a visit!....frank piratenanner.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif rocking nana.gif mrs.K.gif

His name is Frank Tingley and is a member of the 914club. I hope he posts his future progress with the car.

He convinced me he would be a good owner when he told me he read every post I've ever made in the garage concerning the car. He is planning on having a nice paint job done, possibly adriatic blue (which is actually the original color of the car).

He doesn't autocross, so I guess Sparky will be "retired" from the AX wars. rolleyes.gif

If he shows up at one of the events you can "critique" the car for him.

But please be gentle. biggrin.gif

Dennis - I think you're right.

[/quote]
Brad Roberts
Thanks for posting Frank!! and thanks for taking care of Jo's car. A lot of care went into the build of that car.

B
Joseph Mills
[quote name='ffranktly' date='Jul 17 2006, 07:39 PM' post='730610']
hi Joseph and all,, i bought ol Sparky, gonna take terrific care of him.

and like i said, when i move to N.C. in a few years, i will drive Sparky to OKC for a visit!....
[/quote]
[/quote]

That will be awesome to see Sparky with a new coat of many colors!

There is a lot of 914 talent in your vicinity. Make some new friends! rolleyes.gif

Local guys in my town like Curt Curtis, Craig Mitchell, Bob Dumont & Cory Jump were so helpful and saved my ass many times (as well as, of course, the "club").

Thanks guys! biggrin.gif

johannes
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ffranktly
here he is in Battle Gear!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.