Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Infield RV for Road Atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
beerchug.gif
In my quest to keep the beer cold, I have decided to use a cooler with attached RV (36 foot rental) at my next ALMS event, Road Atlanta at the end of September. Has anyone here ever done the RV thing at an ALMS or maybe rolex event? The RoadAtlanta webpage provides a ticket price for "non-reserved infield camping (no hookups)", but deep in the minutia it says "limited number of reserved places available by calling...)". Since I missed operating hours today to make that call, I'll use the interim time to try to get schooled on this.
Questions:
If I DON"T get a reserved place, how far before "gates open" do I need to be lined up out there? Is it like the gold rush to claim a spot? Are the sizes of the spots designated, or is it like a crowded beach where evrbody is elbowing in? What do I need to know? We will have 2 adults & three teenage boys so send those tranquilizers to:
Scott Bradley
PO box...

Please, anybody who has knowledge about this, help me prevent a disaster!
Jake Raby
Beth and I are doing the exact same thing (same event)and wondered the same things as well! I have camped there in a tent many times, but have no idea how the RV thing works at all!

My preference is a spot at 10A/ 10B but I'd say those are hard to come by. Luckily we are 40 minutes away. maybe we could save each other a spot somehow..
URY914
First time I camped at Road Atlanta was 1977 for the IMSA Labor Day race. David Hobbs won in that wild ass BMW 320i. There were three of us in my friends Camaro.
What a trip... beer3.gif

Paul
SGB
Hey Jake-
PM sent....
maf914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 17 2006, 04:51 PM) *

First time I camped at Road Atlanta was 1977 for the IMSA Labor Day race. David Hobbs won in that wild ass BMW 320i. There were three of us in my friends Camaro.
What a trip... beer3.gif

Paul

Hey, I was there for that one. How that BMW 4-cylinder pushed that brick-like BMW through the air was amazing. Lots of turbo boost I guess! laugh.gif
URY914
You mean this one biggrin.gif

maf914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Jul 18 2006, 07:18 PM) *

You mean this one biggrin.gif

That's the one. It was one of my favorites.

A couple of years later they put that turbo four into a March chassis when IMSA started the GTP class for closed cockpit prototypes.
john rogers
I just did the HSR West event at the CA Speedway and we stayed in the toy hauler we just bought and it was way cool. It was GREAT having the air conditioner when it was 96 outside and the frig/freezer kept things just right. It got really quiet at night and we got an extra hours sleep in the moring compared to staying at a motel. I even found they had cable there, for the NASCAR million dollar coaches I guess, so we could watch the Speed channel. One thing I found out, the frig has to be level within a degree or so or it will not work so make sure there is a level to use.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.