Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a Shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike's2nd914
I have approached two shops here in Birmingham, Alabama and one in Atlanta (Not AA), and all three have declined to work on my teener. Two were european performance shops and the third was a old VW garage. They all say it is no longer worth their time to work on the old cars. Ok, one didn't actually say that, they just never called me back. I am looking for someone to reinstall the fuel injection and patch up the oil leaks (knowing it will always leak a little).

If anyone knows of a shop in the Birmingham area (or in Atlanta) that is reputable and still wants to work on these cars, let me know.
Brett W
Mike,

What do you need done? I am up in Huntsville and might could help you out.
d914
Lewis Broyles 770-667-1753

Has a 6 for ten plus years, a 4 also
operates a garage part time from his house, probably has all needed parts in his inventory. Also cares for 4 racing 14's, PCA instructor etc..... Canton area north of atlanta.
Mike's2nd914
Man, I love this board!! Brett, my 2.0 has a single carb and I have purchased the stock FI from another member here and would like to convert it back to FI. I don't even begin to have an idea where to start with this.

Also, I am leaking oil so bad that when I stop for a light, oil smoke comes out of the air vents in the dash (that can't be good). Appears to be coming from the passenger side only, likely the valve cover.

d914, I'll give Lewis a call. I'm in Duluth every couple of weeks.
d914
Tell him Greg Dondero sent you. Should double your bill,, beerchug.gif

He's a good guy that knows 914's backward and forward. Has two lifts and all the extras.
Mike's2nd914
Thanks, I'll look him up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.