Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original areas of the 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
I REALLY thought there would be more interest in pics of the various area of original (not necessarily concours) areas of the 914. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the interest, other than rear trunks.

If the interest isn't there, I won't promote it. We should be ready to move into the interiors, enine bays, undercarriage, etc.

You tell me - nail it or forget it!

No smilies!
914runnow
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 17 2006, 05:30 PM) *

I REALLY thought there would be more interest in pics of the various area of original (not necessarily concours) areas of the 914. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the interest, other than rear trunks.

If the interest isn't there, I won't promote it. We should be ready to move into the interiors, enine bays, undercarriage, etc.

You tell me - nail it or forget it!

No smilies!

Would love too!!! C'ept mine is 80% pieced out..
And my 75 1.8 76k car is at a shop 45 mins away....
Will TRY to get some???
tod914
Pat, I can post more in a couple of weeks. I'll add in the radio manuel, tool kit, car manuel and maint sheet as well.
JeffBowlsby
Please continue it Pat. It will just take time to develop the threads. I for one have not had the opportunity to add photos, which I plan to do, but my car is not available at the moment. Nail em and watch the threads develop over time...
Jasfsmith
Pat:

Please continue!

I'm in the midst of preparing for my trip west to the PCA Parade, and will catchup with photos soon.
sixerdon
Pat,
Keep at it. You're doing good. It's summer time. You need to drive a 914 real bad!

Don
smontanaro
I vote interiors next...

Skip
McMark
Pop a thread into the garage for exposure. Plenty of members don't see this area.
evan
yes continue and where can i find the thread? I would love it.

e
TJB/914
Pat & others.

Please continue this thread. I know things have been slow to post, but I believe many don't have a good quality camera or they feel their cars are not worthy. The point is it takes time to document this stuff. I would like to see a posting based on a judging sheet. Over time I am sure it will be filled.

Tom
BTW Pat:
Didn't I send you a judging sheet recently from the Midwest SMOGer's???
Pat Garvey
Folks - thanks for you're support! I'm running for re-election in the fall....oops, wrong forum!

OK, promise me you'll send photos to the right nailed post- love to have them!

Next "nailed" post will be for interiors. What's the best spread? 70-71 is obvious, but where'e the best split thereafter?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jul 19 2006, 07:00 PM) *

Pat & others.

Please continue this thread. I know things have been slow to post, but I believe many don't have a good quality camera or they feel their cars are not worthy. The point is it takes time to document this stuff. I would like to see a posting based on a judging sheet. Over time I am sure it will be filled.

Tom
BTW Pat:
Didn't I send you a judging sheet recently from the Midwest SMOGer's???
Tom,
Don't think so, but would like to have it. Moving back to the mdwest (Cincy area) next year, so expect to be more involved with CW stuff. Would be nice to keep current.

BTW, where is the 2007 Parade? Somehow missed that.
Jasfsmith
[quote name='Pat Garvey' date='Jul 19 2006, 05:59 PM' post='732595']
[/quote]
[/quote]

San Diego
Pat Garvey
[quote name='Jasfsmith' date='Jul 20 2006, 12:50 PM' post='733077']
[quote name='Pat Garvey' date='Jul 19 2006, 05:59 PM' post='732595']
[/quote]
[/quote]

San Diego
[/quote]

Too bad - too far!
Bleyseng
Let's get the late engines nailed as there aren't very many of them 75-76. I would love to see what a complete stock engine bay looks like. All of the ones I have seen had the smog stuff removed....

For interiors:
70-71
72-74
75-76

as this is basically the way Porsche did the changes
Brian Mifsud
I'm rebuilding all the smog parts which were missing in my '76. I believe I have everything, and it's all in the correct location, but my engine bay isn't gorgeous so I have much shame...

Is this post only for showroom floor examples?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Sep 13 2006, 04:36 PM) *

I'm rebuilding all the smog parts which were missing in my '76. I believe I have everything, and it's all in the correct location, but my engine bay isn't gorgeous so I have much shame...

Is this post only for showroom floor examples?

Brian,
Have no fear! We want to doc originality. Though the text for this forum (which I cannot change) indicates it's for concours cars, it is NOT. originality is the key. We don't care if you drive it & it gets dirty - most people do. Let's please see what you have. Some poor guy may be out there thrying to make decisions on his 914 with no info - let's help them out.

Plus....some of us will be buying more 914's in the future, with the hope of keeping them original. I'm an early years guy, but if I want to buy a '76 I'd need some help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.